Page 1 of 2
The only thing that looks Kramer on that is the neck plate. I've never seen one with that pickup layout. That is not an OFR route either; it appears to be a TRS/Takeuchi/Jackson JT580 route. In fact the Pacers never had recessed trems. Likewise, it also seems to have a Mighty Mite humbucker, which was not standard issue on any Kramer guitar. That does not even look like a Kramer control route. That and the (stated) non Kramer neck leave me to believe this is just some random parts mutt with a Kramer neck plate.
Here we go...another uneducated flamer that's likes to read what he types. Please visit http://www.vintagekramer.com/ and do your homework! I never stated it was ORIGINAL! Yes it has a Might Mite humbucker. Yes, Kramer used these routs! It's a Warmoth neck--like the ad states.
Quote by avianoguitarist
Here we go...another uneducated flamer that's likes to read what he types. Please visit http://www.vintagekramer.com/ and do your homework! I never stated it was ORIGINAL! Yes it has a Might Mite humbucker. Yes, Kramer used these routs! It's a Warmoth neck--like the ad states.

Considering you just came here lead to my suspicions. And after looking it a few times I noticed it looked wrong. I cross checked with vintage Kramer.

http://www.vintagekramer.com/pacer2.htm

That does not look like any Pacer on that page you dumbass. Also ntoe all those have non recessed trems. Then, check any ebay auction and you can see the routes are wrong for a Pacer. The control cavity is wrong, the FR Route is wrong, and the humbucker route is wrong. You loose, good day sir.
Please people, act like adults! This is a gear classifieds section, not an opinion poll. If you don't like what I'm offering, don't buy it! Read the descriptions--if there is info you feel I should include, then please ask for it. Just because you've never seen one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. See the post from CJRocker--do your homework!
it doesnt look a kramer to me either. but ive only seen them and im not an expert on them. where did you get the body and pickups?
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
The humbucker is NOT original. I've have the body since new in 1988--Yes, it's a real Kramer Pacer. The neck is a Warmoth replacement, since the old one was destroyed in a move.
Again, do your homework. Visit vintagekramer.com and look through the old catalogs.
Here's a pic of a late 1987 Pacer Imperial with the same control config and trem rout.
It's not the same PU config as mine, but this is an 87--mine's an 88.
Quote by CJRocker
Considering you just came here lead to my suspicions. And after looking it a few times I noticed it looked wrong. I cross checked with vintage Kramer.

That does not look like any Pacer on that page you dumbass. Also ntoe all those have non recessed trems. Then, check any ebay auction and you can see the routes are wrong for a Pacer. The control cavity is wrong, the FR Route is wrong, and the humbucker route is wrong. You loose, good day sir.

Hmmmm..Look at this--an 87 Kramer Pacer with a recessed trem! First off, they didn't start doing the recessed trems until late 87-early 88. Pay particular attention the the bottom two guitars--recessed trems. Please keep your slander to yourself. Just because I just came on this board doesn't give you a reason to flame or act like you're the planet's leading expert on Kramers. Thanks for the warm welcome!

What neither explains is the the route being an trem angled route, like for a Jackson JT580 or TRS/Takeuchi trem. Likewise, there are some inconsistencies between the lack of the scalloped horn, odd control cavity and the trem route. None of it adds up.
Quote by CJRocker

Now, got to http://vintagekramer.com/pacer2.htm and scroll down to the section titled 1986-1987. Here's what it states, and I highlight the relavent info for you since you need some help, "1986-87

Sometime in late 1985 to early 1986 switched production of the Pacer and it's other lines to ESP in Japan. All necks and bodies after the banana head era were then made there and added the "pointy-droopy" variety of headstocks. They were then assembled in the USA. The 1986 logos remained the same as the ones on the banana headed guitars but this only lasted a year when Kramer went with the new "diminishing" logo in 1987 which featured a large "K" with the subsequent letters getting smaller as they go. Maple or rosewood options were more available at this time compared to the banana heads and more models came out of this year.

In 1987, except for the Pacer Deluxe, the bodies were changed from the round-ish strat style to the Jackson-influenced "sharp-radiused" body which featured more cornered shaped edges, longer horns and thicker shoulders.The Pacers that utilized this new body was the Pacer Imperial, still with 2 hums but now the bridge hum was angled. The new ones were the Custom I and Custom II. The Custom I was actually just called the Custom early on. It had the HSS configuration with the slanted hum, 1 vol, 3 on-off switches and a coil tap for the hum. The Custom II was basically the same guitar but the hum was straight, not angled and it sported 1 vol, 2 tones, 5 way select and coil tap. Necks at this time were also slimmed down from the thicker necks of the Banana era and began to see a little more consistency among models. Also, bodies were utilizing lighter woods in the imported era. This era also summoned the Floyd Rose recess cavity in the body around the E12XXX serials.1986-90 Note: No necks are the same. Profiles, radii, shapes and edges all varied. As with all Kramer eras, there is no set measurement, however, compared to the others beside the Strat head era, this is the most consistent headstock shape."

Now, I stand corrected--This is a Kramer Pacer Custom II, and not a Pacer Deluxe.
Point where that white one has a route, and where it has the angled sides on the route. If I need to make it bleeding obvious, I can. They all have the "flat side" OFR/Schaller route, not the angled side route.
Hi powermetalg! No, the pickup ring is just some aftermarket bling I added--the only original parts left on this beast are the body, singlecoils, wiring/controls, and the Floyd Rose. The neck contour is more of a C. The humbucker rout is not angled as on SOME Kramers--Yes, some still had the straight rout. Also, let's see some pics of your Rhoads build! Great idea!

Cheers!
Last edited by avianoguitarist at Feb 29, 2008,
Gotta agree with CJRocker, this guitar ain't legit, despite the really obvious Yo Kramer backplate "Made to rock hard", plus the body looks like a nonpickguard pacer deluxe, weird :S And i've never come across a pacer custom II with those control knobs
Last edited by Spadeace at Mar 1, 2008,
As previously stated--this has non orginal parts. The neckplate is not original, either. As far as the controls--refer to the Kramer catalog pics I posted. Opinions seem to be like b@ttholes, everyones got one. "Ain't legit" is the opinion of someone who is not very experienced with vintage Kramers. It might be a Music-Yo neckplate, I don't know--but, I've owned this body since 1987 when Kramer was still at it's height. If you don't want it--don't buy it--just keep your flaming to yourself.
Once again--THIS IS A CLASSIFIED AD, NOT AN OPINION POLL! Don't we have moderators on here to keep the kiddies from slingin' poo?
hey aviano, im interested in this axe, & i could care less wat it is lol, hey wat kind of wood is it made of & is that an original floyd rose, & how is the humbucker tone? hi output?
thnx
Quote by avianoguitarist
Once again--THIS IS A CLASSIFIED AD, NOT AN OPINION POLL! Don't we have moderators on here to keep the kiddies from slingin' poo?

Well opinion or not, i think all we're trying to do is protecting people from getting scammed, and no im not a beginner when it comes to kramer guitars, in fact i have 4 vintage kramers myself, and for example NONE of them have that very electronics cavity cover despite being from the same era. The floyd is real though that's one for certain
Hi devilman--not sure of the wood-don't remember. I think it's basswood. Yes, original Floyd. Humbucker sounds great--tested at about 15K ohms.
Thanks for the help, Spadeace! It's nice of you to offer some real advice, instead of jumping on the flame throwing wagon.
I kinda gave up on my rhoads build. I just havent taken it off my sig. Mostly I realised Im bad with woodworking and can buy a better guitar for less money. Oh well what can you do.

BTW Hes not asking a lot for this. Obviously it is a hodge podge of many different parts but it has an Origional FR, Warmoth neck, and lots of good parts (even if the body were Ply which I doubt) which is worth the $375 by itself so stop harrassing him.
Quote by powermetalg
I kinda gave up on my rhoads build. I just havent taken it off my sig. Mostly I realised Im bad with woodworking and can buy a better guitar for less money. Oh well what can you do.

BTW Hes not asking a lot for this. Obviously it is a hodge podge of many different parts but it has an Origional FR, Warmoth neck, and lots of good parts (even if the body were Ply which I doubt) which is worth the $375 by itself so stop harrassing him.

EXACTLY! Thanks, bro...
why was this post reported at all. the only offensive part was where once someone was called dumbass.

in the future, don't call someone a dumbass.

</the 30 pages in his inbox>
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I've reached a conclusion on that guitar, it probably is a late Pacer Custom II, the color however is not surf green it's called seafoam green
Actually Spadeace, Seafoam is a shade or two lighter than Surf Green. Surf Green also has a tad bit more yellow to it. Seafoam is a cousin to Daphne Blue. This is more of a brighter Surf Green--remember, I see it in person under natural lighting--not from a digital photo that was snapped with a flash. I'll try to get a pic or two that dispalys the color properly.
Here we go--from top to bottom: Seafoam San Dimas Charvel, Surf Green Kramer Pacer, Turquoise ESP Mirage Deluxe. Yes, I know, it's not what most of us consider turquoise, but ESP called it turquoise during the late 80s and early 90s in their catalogs. So notice the difference in shading. The Charvel is the Seafoam one. When you put it next to the Kramer, it's a little more obvious that the Kramer is Surf Green.

Here's a side-by-side shot:

I must take the time to finally apologize; I feel I went overboard. I still do not feel the guitar is legit, but I lost my temper and went overboard in trying to prove it. I apologize dude

Quote by CJRocker
I must take the time to finally apologize; I feel I went overboard. I still do not feel the guitar is legit, but I lost my temper and went overboard in trying to prove it. I apologize dude

Man, If you were over here in Italy, we'd have a drink and laugh about it! No worries, bro.
Page 1 of 2