alright, i know about 3 days ago i asked about buying new guitars (for those that remember).

er... parental constraints... have since disabused me of that notion...

so in short, i'm stuck with a yamaha ERG121, which has a great bridge pickup (weirdly), but useless neck and mid pickups.

but i figured, as long as they don't NOTICE the changes i'll be fine.

so on to my question:

should i bother replacing them and what should i replace them with?

i was looking hard at the EMG 81/85 combo.

playing mostly rock and metal.

and disregard the obvious suggestions of changing amps, i go to jamming studios, so the tone is always different in each case.
Yamaha ERG 121
Yamaha F370TBS
Yamaha GA-10

NOOB KIT FTW

-------------------------

Lyrical Insanity:

Chasing Shadows
how old is that guitar? my friend has one and I can say it's great for the money, but som parts need changing over time (pots)
the pickups would be good to change, if you aren't satisfied with the tone, and in case you buy a new axe further down the road, you can keep them
but you say you like the bridge pup, do you? in that case you can replace the neck pickup and save some money
With your current setup which BTW is the same as mine except I use an Ibanez SM-7, it is inadvisable to change your pickups, stick to your current setup and keep saving, maybe you can get a new amp with the money
klayy: it's abt a year old, and the selector toggle is loose ( a common problem apparently). i figured that while getting it repaired, i might as well change the pickups

Shread head: er... i DID mention that i go to different jamming studios often, so at this point the guitar is more important than the amp. i only use the GA-10 for practice...

oh, btw, the no change policy applies to the amp too...
Yamaha ERG 121
Yamaha F370TBS
Yamaha GA-10

NOOB KIT FTW

Lyrical Insanity:

Chasing Shadows
Sorry there, didn't notice that. Anyway, the EMGs would be a good idea, if your looking for a thick, solid metal tone and if your not interested in the most incredible clean tone, however if you like the occasional clean solo and nice bluesy crunch look into other options, maybe DiMarzios or Seymour Duncans
hmm... i'm open to suggestions acutally.

even though i said i like metal and rock- ish stuff, a little bit of perishers wouldn't hurt sometimes...

oh, and the emgs are only gonna take up the H slots ( my guitar is H/S/H btw), so... single coil suggestions?
Yamaha ERG 121
Yamaha F370TBS
Yamaha GA-10

NOOB KIT FTW

Lyrical Insanity:

Chasing Shadows