Hey guys, My peavey classic is behaving weird. I wrote a thread before about my amp it was about how i saw one of the preamp tubes not lightning up and the amp's distortion not working. Well afterwards i turned on the amp and my distortion was back. But then the next time i tried it, the distortion was not there. So i turned off the lights in my room and turned on the amp and found that all the tubes are lighten up but one of the preamp tubes is very dim compared to the other preamp tubes.

My question is that is the amp still safe to play on the clean channel of the amp, also can i just buy any other 12ax7 tube preamp just one or if i change the brand do i have to change them all. At the moment it has 12ax7 Electronic Harmonics can i just for example buy a mullard preamp 12ax7 tube and stick in there?

thank you

Dan
Quote by Oc3lot
At the moment it has 12ax7 Electronic Harmonics can i just for example buy a mullard preamp 12ax7 tube and stick in there?

Yeah, you can mix and match preamp tubes without a problem. You might want to swap the "bad one" out with another that's glowing well, first. Make sure it's the tube that's the problem, and not something else.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yeah it was the tube i put the bad tube on the right and and the good one on the left and middle and my distortion started working again which was funny. The bad tube isn't lighting at all now.
I think it works now because Classic 30's only use 2 preamp tubes for gain. At least thats what the manual for mine says. The bad one will need to be replaced
Yeah, replace that tube.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.