Im almost done with my project Strat guitar... my pickups just arrived and im gonna need help on wiring. ive search for wiring diagrams here but cant find the one i want. I know a lot of you have done this before and im gonna need your help.

i have 2 fender noiseless and 1 duncan hotrail...

i want to set up volume, volume, tone not the regular strat wiring volume, tone, tone.

what kind of volume pot i need to buy? can i use the stock strat pot? what else do i need?

and how to install pickup selector switch since im putting 2 volumes?

Hope im making sense here trying to explain this...

Thank you Much...
what do you want each volume to control? bridge and middle, neck? hotrail, middle and neck? should help us with the wiring.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy
what do you want each volume to control? bridge and middle, neck? hotrail, middle and neck? should help us with the wiring.

1 for bridge and 1 for neck and middle... and im also keeping my stock 5 way switch. just teach me how to rewire everything including the additional selector switch and what are the other parts that needs to add like capacitor and how many ohm.

thank you again...
Last edited by jj fad at Feb 29, 2008,
so, you want one volume to control your neck pickup, and one volume for your bridge pickup, and no volume control ability for your middle pickup? eh?

or, you could have the neck and bridge pickup be controlled by one volume and the middle controlled by the other volume. Is this maybe what you meant?

your last post was vague.

If you can specify what it is exactly that you want, I'll draw it up for you.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Quote by jedilley
so, you want one volume to control your neck pickup, and one volume for your bridge pickup, and no volume control ability for your middle pickup? eh?

or, you could have the neck and bridge pickup be controlled by one volume and the middle controlled by the other volume. Is this maybe what you meant?

your last post was vague.

If you can specify what it is exactly that you want, I'll draw it up for you.

ooops... sorry. you're right. i still have the middle pickup.

1 volume for bridge
1 volume for neck and middle...

thank you

im sorry
dual pot for the volume pot (s) for middle and neck.just wire it up normally but just add this in between the pickup and switch and remove the volume pot after the switch.
wire the jack directly to where the vol is connected to the switch on this picture. I"ll try to do a wiring diagram for it. but I aint promising anything.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
google it its not hard to find if you look!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
^It is.

Enjoy.

Please note: Although I've translated the schematic into diagram form. I didn't design it. And GuitarNuts has this to say..

"NOTE: I have not performed these mods! As I mentioned, I drew these up in response to a request and I have not tried them myself. It's pretty straight-forward stuff so I'm sure it will work"
These go to eleven...