Who is the best acoustic guitar maker around, and by best i mean that the guitar has the looks the sound and the good price
i got myself a fender since 3 months and i love it, but recently i think i could have got a better deal, wut do u think???
best i've played are martin and talkamine but they are out of my price range.......ibanez artwood series are good bang for the buck and look nice but not as good sounding as other 2
Thee are many luthiers out there. You can easily spend $10K on a guitar. What is your price range ?
fender?

hmmm...

i've heard some good guitars. i personally play a second handmartin, but i enjoy taylors, lowden, larrivee...
whos the best depends on a few things.

how much money you have.
what sound you're going for.
what feel you like.

i believe that guitars are a personal affair. for me, the best i've ever played was a martin. i'm not into larrivee. taylor's are nice too, but i dont like the sound as much as a martin.
i got myself a fender since 3 months and i love it, but recently i think i could have got a better deal, wut do u think???

We cant answer this question without knowing what model Fender and how much you paid.

Who is the best acoustic guitar maker around, and by best i mean that the guitar has the looks the sound and the good price

Looks and sound are both very subjective. Youre going to get a lot of different answers.

A lot of it comes down to how much youre willing to pay. Martin for example are hard to go past if youve got up around $2000 (Aus) to spend but if youre budget is only $1000 then they are one of the last companies I would look at. The opposite can be observed regarding other guitar makers, their cheaper models may be excellent value but their higher priced guitars may not be up to scratch.

Youre going to hear brands like Martin and Taylor a lot but its all about personal preference regarding who is the best guitar maker.
Last edited by tom183 at Mar 1, 2008,
well i got the Fender CD 60 for almost $200 without the carry case. i just felt that for such price it offered the best qualities, and while i was looking for other brands, such as martin yamaha, and tylor, they didnt offer the same qualities at such prices. especially the yamaha's low budget acoustics. they where cheap in price, looks and sound. it just didnt give a good impression. the martin, even though it sounded amazing, but it was hard to handle, and didnt look right to me. i just wanted to know in case am gonna buy another one in the future, most probably an semi electric acoustic, which brand to aim for ???
Last edited by Jyscal at Mar 1, 2008,
well.. that depends how much money you can spend in the future as well. haha.
Quote by Jyscal
well i got the Fender CD 60 for almost $200 without the carry case. i just felt that for such price it offered the best qualities, and while i was looking for other brands, such as martin yamaha, and tylor, they didnt offer the same qualities at such prices. especially the yamaha's low budget acoustics. they where cheap in price, looks and sound. it just didnt give a good impression. the martin, even though it sounded amazing, but it was hard to handle, and didnt look right to me. i just wanted to know in case am gonna buy another one in the future, most probably an semi electric acoustic, which brand to aim for ???

Out of curiosity, what Yamahas were you playing?
I am sorry; I was just in the Yamaha showroom looking for an acoustic to suit my budget. I didn’t look into the exact model numbers or anything. Don’t get me wrong Yamahas are gr8, but I guess for me, if I ever wanted a Yamaha I won’t go for one below $200.
As for my future budget u can say something around $400-$500, in a year or two. Just when I feel like my playing is getting better and the my Fender can’t keep up with my expectations (until now I suck and my guitar is laughing at me)