I use to play the acoustic but moved to electric recently and i need some pdeals which one should i go for? I play mostly alternative rock stuff. Any suggestions on which pedal would be nice too.Thanks in advance.
definitly single

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Boss GT-8 are very nice, and cheap... you can get one for $300 with tons of effect you will ever need. Plus if your just beginning, you should look at multi effect to see which one you really want to use and then go to single ones. But get a good multi FX like boss ones.
go with a multi, that has multiple channels so you can switch easily
Dean Something-or-Other
Jay Turser Semi-Hollow
B. Bass
Woodbine 12str.
-------
Crate Flexwave 120w
about 1300w more bass than i need
-------
But really Im a Drummer...
Zildjian biotch
Quote by 0neway
I use to play the acoustic but moved to electric recently and i need some pdeals which one should i go for? I play mostly alternative rock stuff. Any suggestions on which pedal would be nice too.Thanks in advance.
In order to answer that question I'd need to know...

- How much money you are comfortable with spending.
- Do you think it's important to have access to a wide variety of FX to learn about them.
- Do you just want a few FX and have an idea of what they are.
- Are you adverse to spending time programming a multiFX.
- Are you going to use them for a live performance or just home practice and recording.

If you are someone who picky about his tone then eventually you will gravitate towards separate pedals. But if you want a lot of FX for the least amount of money then a multiFX is better. MultiFX have gotten so cheap and easy to find used, it's almost silly for someone starting out on electric to not buy one. Having a multiFX doesn't prevent you from building up a pedalboard with individual pedals.
The general concensus is that individual effects are of higher quality. But multieffects are a good why to find what individual effects you will actually use.
Multi-FX= ****
Singkle Pedals= WAY better

You can choose what pedals you want too, because not all overdrives, distortions, phasers, chorus ETC, sound the same.
multi FX pedals = can do alot of things poorly, as it was built solely to provide as much stuff in one package.
single pedals = can do one thing very well, as it was built solely for that purpose.
With a lot of multi effects units... there is quite the learning curve in how to program/manipulate them to get the tones you want ESPECIALLY if you have not had any experience with the single units/pedals. The multi units do a lot of modeling classic pedals, and if you have not had experience with them it can be quite overwhelming.

I would recommend you think about what type of tonal landscapes you think you would like to work with and start from there.

More importantly... go to the music store and try some out.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Buying all single pedals will cost more, but the sound quality should be a lot better, and you will be able to get a tone that is more unique to you. If you use a multi-FX thing you are stuck with the effects it has built in.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp