I recently rewired my guitar, and im having issues with it.

One, my volume pot doesnt really work, but it didnt since i rewired it the first time, so thats not an issue. i would like it fixed though.

Two, my guitar has a squeally thing going on, its not feedback either. when my guitar is 'turned down' the squeal is low, but when the volume is maxed, the squeal is unbearable. i read elsewhere that touching metal couls stop the squeal, but it doesnt. i even tried touching my LED switch, which isnt wired with my pickups, and that squealed worse.

if anyone could help, itd be much appreciated.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
blown tube in the amp?
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
its not my amp, im positive about that. my other guitar doesnt squeal. it did squeal when i rewired it for about, 5 seconds, then it didnt squeal again
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
I get the same thing when I kick my wah on at high vols - somebody help.
Hooligan354
yea. Im running it through my B52 LG100A head into a car stereo-style speaker cab. the B-52 has 2 OD channels, and the 2nd always squeals, but i dont use it anyway, so, thats not a problem. i can have the amp to the point where i can barely hear the guitar, and still hear it.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
get your pups waxed
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
get them waxed? its not due to wiring?

i think i may have wired it wrong, because, i have the bare solderded to the bottomof the pot, and the other 4 (grren black white red) soldered to the hole that, so ive see, the black is supposed to go to.

is this why?
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
I had a similiar issue in a Blues junior amp i just fixed. The Volume knob was broken off and when i re-attached it it just squeeled and screamed as i moved the volume up and down or just sitting there. Replaced the pot and boom, squeels gone and the thing sounds great.. So dont count out the pot.... It just might be bad...
does it matter what kind of pot i get? i know one is for volume and one for tone, but stewmac.com it doesnt tell me which.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Quote by abyssspecter
does it matter what kind of pot i get? i know one is for volume and one for tone, but stewmac.com it doesnt tell me which.

Most of them are 500K Ohms or 250K ohms it should be scribed on the back of the pot. And theres the link to what your looking for...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Potentiometers_and_push-pull_pots/1/Potentiometers_and_Push-Pull_Pots.html
so, just get whichever my pot says? okay.

my stepdad used to build guitars, and he told me at one point, but were not on speaking terms or id have him look at it.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.