I need a new compact laptop for some trade school related stuff. It will not need to support games or loads of music or anything like that. It will need to be fast and allow me to acess internet (wireless of course) and do home work. I would like to spend less than 700.00. Search bar yeilds nothing (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705816&highlight=CHEAP+LAPTOPS)

help me UG pit!
Not Enough AssHatery
I should have said Im going to avoid a Mac. My home network is all PC. I checked craigslist in my area, and i want something new with some sort of warranty.
Not Enough AssHatery
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL duh. Cuz apple sucks... A LOT.
Just a thought. I don't know if you like Dell or not, but, you can customize it for your needs. Other sites probably do it too, but I only know UK ones.
Quote by XgamerGt04

Don't buy a Dell.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Yeah as much as Dell caters to your needs it is advisable to avoid them, I work in a computer lab and we have customers all the time coming in with Dells asking for parts or repairs and we just can't do it because all the parts are different.

If anything avoid HP and IBM. The best laptops to look into are ACER. They make cheap but not quality deficient laptops. You need to make sure it is Dual Core 1.5+, with a minimum of 1gb of RAM. This will suit you perfectly when running multiple applications.

Look for the Aspiron 4710.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by The Hurt Within
Yeah as much as Dell caters to your needs it is advisable to avoid them, I work in a computer lab and we have customers all the time coming in with Dells asking for parts or repairs and we just can't do it because all the parts are different.

If anything avoid HP and IBM. The best laptops to look into are ACER. They make cheap but not quality deficient laptops. You need to make sure it is Dual Core 1.5+, with a minimum of 1gb of RAM. This will suit you perfectly when running multiple applications.

All the acers got excellent reviews on newegg. You described exactly what I was looking for, Im going to take your advice. Thanks for your input.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by The Hurt Within

I'll also look into them, thanks

Also, I like your avatar I watched IT a few weeks ago and that clown is fucking scary
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.