I have a classic 50 and its sooooo heavey to carry around, and too loud. I had a classic 30 bought because i like the sound of my amp but return it right away because of sound cut out and still too loud. So i look at some option. People are saying BlackHeart but that damn thing is soo heavey for a small watt. Valve junior is too damn expensive for a 5 watt, i can get another Classic 30 or 50 for that price range.

i have a budget of $50. Is there such a thing for that price LOL maybe used?

I was looking at micro tube but i don't know....

EDIT: Okay i am willing $200 LOL
Last edited by angeldef at Feb 29, 2008,
VJ is about $100, Classic 30 is about $600. VJ is good for the price.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
dude. 50$?

save up 300$ more and then look. because seriously

50% will buy you not much. maybe a microcube...used...broken... idk. i would say try to scrounge up s'more money for a quality amp

and do some research before you blow your money on a classic 50... whaqt were you thinkin?
haha your going to heave to get used to cumbersome and heavy amps if you looking for quality....wait until you tour if you ever do, have fun carrying around half stacks and full stacks if you complain about carrying a combo haha
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Chord O' Power
dude. 50$?

save up 300$ more and then look. because seriously

50% will buy you not much. maybe a microcube...used...broken... idk. i would say try to scrounge up s'more money for a quality amp

and do some research before you blow your money on a classic 50... whaqt were you thinkin?

Actually i like my 50, i got it for $360 New when they were clearing them out. I think a lot of people here will agree that i didn't blow my money out, and this amp is great...put in a good OD and you can reach metal, without pedal good for rock and light metal.

Quote by splat102
VJ is about $100, Classic 30 is about $600. VJ is good for the price.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=valve+junior&Search.x=0&Search.y=0&Search=Go

Dude cheapest is $150, i can get a used Peavey classic 30 with celestion vintage speaker for about $180 which i email the guy already for

Quote by htsktim91989
haha your going to heave to get used to cumbersome and heavy amps if you looking for quality....wait until you tour if you ever do, have fun carrying around half stacks and full stacks if you complain about carrying a combo haha

Your soo mean , with that "haha" of yours . But ya, better quality amp are heavy (im not saying that light amp are not good!!! ). So i know i will get good quality sound out of my peavey classic 50 when i gig. But for just jamming i need a low volume one that i can crank

If nothing else is possible, i will just get one of them Computer Speaker with a subwoofer for about $40-60. I have a Boss GT-8 and i tried to use those tiny speaker of the computer (emachine) which are like 3 inch speaker and crank them up and didn't sound bad at all with the GT-8, they actually sounded great so that's prolly my next option
Quote by angeldef
Dude cheapest is $150, i can get a used Peavey classic 30 with celestion vintage speaker for about $180 which i email the guy already for

It's cab is probably stuffed with moth-ridden pillows, and the transformers were slyly replaced with moldy feces. I'd not be suprised if the tubes were actually lightbulbs.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
It's cab is probably stuffed with moth-ridden pillows, and the transformers were slyly replaced with moldy feces. I'd not be suprised if the tubes were actually lightbulbs.

Stupid
a new classic 30s sound cut out??? damn. and im getting a used one hopefully for $300, wonder what that one will be like :|
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Says the guy asking for new pickups with his AD15VT.

LOL

Quote by esp1234
a new classic 30s sound cut out??? damn. and im getting a used one hopefully for $300, wonder what that one will be like :|

Classic 30's are great amp, i am not saying there bad, in fact they are awesome...Its just the one i got is a little bit mess up. Bad luck for me

Hope you don't get a bad one, but 99.9% percent of them are excellent.
Quote by angeldef
Stupid

Calm down. I'm just trying to point out that a little red flag should go up when you see an amp like that a hundred dollars or more under the going rate.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Calm down. I'm just trying to point out that a little red flag should go up when you see an amp like that a hundred dollars or more under the going rate.

I wasn't mad dude I was just saying it because it was kinda funny, you know when someone say something funny but you don't really laugh you say...Stupid

Didn't you see the peace sign? <-- there?
Quote by angeldef
LOL

Classic 30's are great amp, i am not saying there bad, in fact they are awesome...Its just the one i got is a little bit mess up. Bad luck for me

Hope you don't get a bad one, but 99.9% percent of them are excellent.

ohh ok, lol PHEW!!
Quote by yoyodunno
The only 5w tube amp w/ an effects loop i kno of is the palomino v8.

Dude i was just looking at those amp in my research, yes i do research . And i just decided on getting that, 5 w, line out, fx loop. 18 lb. Under $200 There going for $160 right now, so i might get one for $100 if i am lucky, but probably $120. Yay!!!

I forgot to mention the awesome sound it has , and very versatile. hopefully it can match or be better than peavey classic sound
^ Good luck with that, I played a V32 once and really liked it.

I hope to get one of those little 1 watt Blackheart amp heads when it comes out and to run that through the C50 I have. Got the same problem you do, it's big heavy and loud but at that price how can you not get the amp?
Great sound though, low and high volumes the Classic 50 hasn't disappointed.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Good luck with that, I played a V32 once and really liked it.

I hope to get one of those little 1 watt Blackheart amp heads when it comes out and to run that through the C50 I have. Got the same problem you do, it's big heavy and loud but at that price how can you not get the amp?
Great sound though, low and high volumes the Classic 50 hasn't disappointed.

I see you have the same problem too lol .

Yaa, hopefully i will like it when i try it out tomorrow in GC.

And yes, for the Price, "how can not get the amp? " C50 hasn't disappoint at all, though with the v8, it might be a better recording amp because of the lack of the fan
^ Yeah, you get that great tube tone to record and jam with. I'm trying to get a pedal first to use with the cleans on the Peavey.

But hopefully I plan on doing what your doing now over the summer and getting a small tube amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^Good luck with that also, and thanx for the feedback
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer