HEY
my band is new, we onyl been around a couple montsh but i sent out a couple emails, and got back one for a gig on the 30th at a place called the liquid rooms in edinburgh, its not getting ready, tahts all ok, but we heard from someone else, who is reliable, that tehre son did a gig there and got scammed as the prmoter told them they had to put tehre gear ina room after the gig and then charged them the next day to get it out as it was classified as " paid storage" and the police couldnt stop it

but this was a diffrent organiser than our sn i think, but how do i convince the other band members that we wont be scammed, and how do i find out we deff wont?

cheers!
liquid rooms is good!
not a bad first gig for yous

^ +1 on that. sensible enough.

hope it goes well for you
ya if he says hey put it here say **** u im putting it in the car. Also edinburg is a college in ohio i think. I not sure if the spot u talkin about is there, but dude im in cleveland and theres sooooo many clubs here. U should look around cleveland area, like peabodies.
Quote by smcvaney71
ya if he says hey put it here say **** u im putting it in the car. Also edinburg is a college in ohio i think. I not sure if the spot u talkin about is there, but dude im in cleveland and theres sooooo many clubs here. U should look around cleveland area, like peabodies.

peabodies is in virginia beach
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
yeh no, it was like forced on them, aparnty they provided there own bouncers and like basicly threatened them, but yeh i think i will call the guy and be like " Look no funny business, we will play but we want to put our stuff in our car straight after our set ok? we just quite protective of our gear thats all, ok?"
Cameraphone, dude. If they make you put it in the room, ask them if it's going to cost to get it back out, and have someone record his answer. Without being seen if possible..
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by metallica92
edinburgh = scotland

Yeah the capital of Scotland infact, I thought it was a fairly well known place, clearly not.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Flemfloyd
Yeah the capital of Scotland infact, I thought it was a fairly well known place, clearly not.

Not in the US. We're not taught much about Europe(or anywhere but North America, for that matter)
I honestly didn't know exactly what the difference was between the UK and Great Britain until a few months ago, when I got annoyed by that and wiki'd it.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Not in the US. We're not taught much about Europe(or anywhere but North America, for that matter)
I honestly didn't know exactly what the difference was between the UK and Great Britain until a few months ago, when I got annoyed by that and wiki'd it.

Theres a difference between UK and GB?
Quote by Mutant Corn

Really? We learn a lot about Europe..
Who dat?
Quote by callum2903
HEY
my band is new, we onyl been around a couple montsh but i sent out a couple emails, and got back one for a gig on the 30th at a place called the liquid rooms in edinburgh, its not getting ready, tahts all ok, but we heard from someone else, who is reliable, that tehre son did a gig there and got scammed as the prmoter told them they had to put tehre gear ina room after the gig and then charged them the next day to get it out as it was classified as " paid storage" and the police couldnt stop it

but this was a diffrent organiser than our sn i think, but how do i convince the other band members that we wont be scammed, and how do i find out we deff wont?

cheers!

Learn how to speak English.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
Quote by Mutant Corn

whats the difference?
POST FINDER
O Rly? We get a lot to know about America *cough* Hollywood *cough*

But yeah, cheers on your gig, just don't look like a total douche and know what amount of stage presence is enough

Quote by ToysInTheAttic1
Learn how to speak English.

just cause i dont type well on UG doesnt mean im not good at english, ro for that matter cannot speak it, if you want to find someone who cannot speak it tsalk to an average american who butturs the english language everyday and spells it abismily
for instance would you be able to tell me what the main theme of charecter develoment is ironically shown between the frist 3 acts of macbeth? or are you good enough at the language to understand that it may be interpertided however the reader intends and is very subject to influence
and yeh we no **** loads about america, eg you have a **** goverment who thinkb they rule the world, and yes this is true do not say it is not, and although the general population are made up of perfectly nice people, there are alot of areas full of racist "homophobic red neck dicks"(flea) and conservitave hypicritical arse holes as well.... plus all americans i have seen dont have a patch on the average british independant film, its all to block buster and based around CGI, but the odd good ones are filmed there, although they tend to have british directors..... eg a life less ordinery, danny boyle
Quote by callum2903
just cause i dont type well on UG doesnt mean im not good at english, ro for that matter cannot speak it, if you want to find someone who cannot speak it tsalk to an average american who butturs the english language everyday and spells it abismily

Ooooooh. We should just rename our language Americanese or something. It's pretty much butchered English.