So I'm thinking about building an amp from a kit. I initially was looking to build a 18watt Marshall clone, like one of the ceriatone ones. I play a lot of types of music but I love classic rock and the sound of old marshalls. However I already have an orange tiny terror, which I know is based off an ac15, but I would imagine it would be similar to an 18 watt clone, both of them being small el84 british voiced amps.
So I'm not sure if thats what I want to build. If its going to sound a lot like my orange then I don't think its really worth it. I was also thinking about just building a full on plexi clone but I don't really need 50w. But if I want el34s I guess I'd have to go that route.
So UGers, do you think it would be worth it for me to build an 18 watt? or should I build a true plexi clone and get an attenuator?

One of the reasons I wanted to get an 18 watt was then I could just use that with my orange 1x12 and later buy something like an avatar 1x12 with a alnico blue speaker. I'm not a huge fan of v30s and I think the TT might sound a lot better with blue speaker.
Build me the 50W Plexi. Have my eyes on it but I'm broke as a joke currently. (((
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Yes its like a small plexi but it uses el84s rather then the kt66s and el34s the original plexis used.
It's not going to sound like your Tiny Terror (I have ordered an 18W clone and own a Rocker 30).

Oranges have a much fatter and darker tone, while Marshalls have a brighter tone.

I would recommend building it if I were you. Keep in mind though, it might be too large (seizwise) for the Orange 1x12, since it has the head cab from a normal Plexi.

You could though get one of these (the one I got):
http://store.bnamp.com/18wattlitekits.html

They consist of the normal channel from the 18W, which I prefered tbh anyway.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Thanks Gabe. Those looks beautiful, and a smaller head would definately be a plus.
I've always wanted to build an amp, now I just have to get my tax return and hopefully i'll have enough left over for maybe another cab with a better speaker.

They use Heyboer transformers and you can get them with SoZo caps too!

I played an 18W and found the trem channel WAY too trebly and the normal channel perfect!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009