I just got my LTD Viper 400 recently (it comes with an 81/85 pair of EMGs) and I've been told not to leave your guitar plugged in to your amp when not using it...

I have some questions...

1. Does this mean if I leave the amp turned off with my guitar plugged into it, will it still use the EMG's batteries?

2. If I leave the guitar unplugged to the amp, but still leave the cord inside of it, will it run up the batteries?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Yes. The switch is in the jack socket so whenever the chord is plugged in the battery is being used.
Quote by Thebiz

1. Does this mean if I leave the amp turned off with my guitar plugged into it, will it still use the EMG's batteries?

Why would it do that
Theres still no electric current circulating inside your guitar so I dont understand why the batteries would drain...

Edit:
Quote by smb
Yes. The switch is in the jack socket so whenever the chord is plugged in the battery is being used.

Allright.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Its not a good idea to leave it plugged in anyway, you could hit the end of your cord or something and mess up your input jack.

But I think it does run down the batteries. I'm not shure.

yep, and unplug it as it runs down you batteries

but seriously didnt 'shure' look wrong?? its 'sure' its actually faster to type
1. Yes.
2. I don't know, you can try if you feel like draining a 9V?
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
yes to both the jack compleates the circuit so to speak
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by stephen_rettie
yep, and unplug it as it runs down you batteries

but seriously didnt 'shure' look wrong?? its 'sure' its actually faster to type

haha, i guess he likes the mics a lot.

I just got my LTD Viper 400 recently (it comes with an 81/85 pair of EMGs) and I've been told not to leave your guitar plugged in to your amp when not using it...

Yes, the batteries will drain. Its just like wah pedals, and other boss pedals that aren't true bypass.