I was in the midst of installing a mute-button and have only soldered wires to the output and have not finished, need a drill. I wrapped the wires in the guitar and put the pickguard on. I plugged in and no signal came out. What has happened?

FYI: I was installing a mute button by placing a wire on the hot and a wire on the ground then one to each prong of the button.

Please let me know if I just fried my board.
sounds like it's grounded itself when you put it back together to use it. insulate all bare wires and try again.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by Jahsoul
Worked, thanks a bunch.

no problem. happened to me before. live touched a bare on my pickups once. bad stripping and installation on my behalf.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x