What does Jack white use to get such awesome distortion? What pedals does he use? Also how does he hit such high notes?

Thanks
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
He uses a whammy pedal set up an octave on some songs and down on others (used to use a digitech red whammy, now he uses a P.O.G I believe)

His main distortion is I believe a N.Y. Big Muff, that or a russian one will get you close.

For amps he uses one fender twin reverb and two 60's cheapo amps (airline or kay or something).
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Big Muff Pi. It NAILS his tone.

^ And yeah, once again Hamish knows his stuff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
http://guitarplayer.wordpress.com/category/jack-white/

that'll get you all the info you need.

Quote by hamish5178
He uses a whammy pedal set up an octave on some songs and down on others (used to use a digitech red whammy, now he uses a P.O.G I believe)

His main distortion is I believe a N.Y. Big Muff, that or a russian one will get you close.

For amps he uses one fender twin reverb and two 60's cheapo amps (airline or kay or something).

apparently they're not 60's cheapo amps, but they're 60's cheapo guitars
Last edited by The red Strat. at Feb 29, 2008,
^ Nope, he uses the cheap 60s Sears amps. The guitars are Airline and Kay, but the amps are also cheap and old like everything else he uses.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
He could make an MG have a great tone.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Nope, he uses the cheap 60s Sears amps. The guitars are Airline and Kay, but the amps are also cheap and old like everything else he uses.

yeah, i didn't say they weren't

ok i edited, i expressed myself wrong
im pretty sure that jack white uses silvertone amps ( like the 1484 ) for amps not supros ( jimi page did use a solid state supro as a studio amp for a while though )
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
^Yeah that is what I heard. Silvertone amps. I couldn't think of the name of them for the life of me for some reason. Also, I am pretty sure Jimmy Page used a Vox Super Beatle as his SS studio amp for some songs. The supro you speak of was a tube amp.