i want an sg but the epiphone model (G-400), well loads of people have it and i dont want to look common. any suggestions?
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
Peavey something or other
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
ESP LTD Viper?
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Quote by jimmyhotpants
you want an SG but you don't want it to look like an SG? :/

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=135

Lots of SG guitars there. I still think the most bang for the buck would be an ESP Viper.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Get a faded SG, they're not as cheap as an epi, but not as expensive as some of the other SGs, even though they sound just as good.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
If you want to be uncommon, don't get an SG.

Pimp out a strat, or get an Explorer type guitar or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Get a Guild, I believe its the G-100 that looks like an SG. Kim Thayil made them sound great.
Quote by darkarbiter7
If you want to be uncommon, don't get an SG.

Pimp out a strat, or get an Explorer type guitar or something.

Yeah pimping out a strat is so original.

/Sarcasm

Anyway TS, get a Gibson Special Faded SG, they are great, and depending on what music you play a pickup swap makes them sound incredible for the price.
Quote by beckyjc
Tokai?

agreed (MIJ for the win!).

or edwards.

or something similar (greco etc.).

depends how much money the threadstarter can get together though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
"you don't want to look common"
What sort of crap excuse is that not to get the G-400, its popular for a reason.
Just go to a music store and try a load of guitars, if you really MUST get an SG and you really cant get the epiphone one, i hear good things about the ESP version so you might want to have a look at that.
I got a faded brown SG. And for the price, it plays really well. But i still love my hellraiser more!!
Quote by 666hamish666
"you don't want to look common"
What sort of crap excuse is that not to get the G-400, its popular for a reason.

people think that if you can't afford a gibson that it's the law that you have to buy an epiphone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I played a Tokai SG with p-90s against a Gibson SG.

Not alone was the tokai more eye candy it felt so much more solid.

And interesting fact. The tokai SG is more oriignal than the new SGs because in the shop was also a original Gibson SG (Cant remember the year, but very very old) and it was identical to the tokai. Funny ay?
^ not really, it's a (not so) well-known fact that if you want (even close to) vintage accurate gibsons you have to go custom shop. whereas, apart from the name on the headstock, you can get pretty close to vintage-accurate for about £400-£1000 with tokai or the other japanese copies (often less, second-hand).

people seem to think I (and other people) buy tokais, edwardses and other Japanese copies because I'm too cheap to buy a gibson, and they're almost as nice. That's not true at all. In many cases I'd prefer the edwards or tokai, regardless of price. The fact the tokai or edwards is like one-third the price is what makes it a no-brainer, if you ask me. And if there's anything inferior in the Japanese ones, it's often the tone and volume pots... which cost maybe £10 to replace? not much, anyway. And you can replace them with better pots than gibson use stock.

Disclaimer: in my opinion, and based on what i've tried. And I'm not suggesting that Gibsons or Fenders are necessarily bad guitars, because they aren't.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?