I'm looking for an amp for my Line 6 POD X3. My current amp doesn't giving the 'raw' sound coming from the POD. It tends to make the sound warmer which is annoying when it's not what I want. (I checked the POD sound with headphone)

Can someone recommend me an amp that can maintain the original tone coming from effect processor such as the POD X3?

My budget is around $300~$400
What's your current amp?

Try a Fender Blues Jr.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
+1 fender blues junior.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
U can get a keyboard amp. or a stand alone power amp and cab. apparently u can also use pa amps with like a marshall cab as long as the impedance matches.
roland JC-120 seems the obvious choice here. used of course.

or if you're extremely lucky, try ebay for a used (vintage) twin reverb.

the fender blues jr is not what this guy wants, it's warm and he doesn't like that.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by Sid McCall
What's your current amp?

Try a Fender Blues Jr.

My current amp is the Kustom Arrow 16 DFX... Which going out of the window soon now that I have so little use of it.

I tried the Fender Jr out at shop a few days ago and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Like Strat said, it's too warm. My current amp would be better choice.

Hmm... Keyboard speaker might be a option here...

--
roland JC-120 is too big for my taste ;D I only want max 30W. When I'm ready giging for big crowd I will consider buying it, though.
what you want is a jazz chorus, trust me

EDIT: ahh, you think it's too big...
those 30 watts, is that tube or SS ?
if tube, 120 watts solid state will be about as loud as a 30 watt tube amp, possibly slightly louder.
Quote by The red Strat.
what you want is a jazz chorus, trust me

EDIT: ahh, you think it's too big...
those 30 watts, is that tube or SS ?
if tube, 120 watts solid state will be about as loud as a 30 watt tube amp, possibly slightly louder.

I'm not really playing that loud. Let say 30W for a SS...
The most important thing is that the amp should sounds exactly like what coming via the headphone jack of the POD.
Quote by hminh87
I'm not really playing that loud. Let say 30W for a SS...
The most important thing is that the amp should sounds exactly like what coming via the headphone jack of the POD.

damn, you're just asking for a jazz chorus

there's also a JC-90 i believe, although i don't know if it's as good as a jc-120.
anyways, it's solid state so you don't have to turn it up to get a great tone.
it'll be fine for bedroom practice, you'll simple have spare power.
Quote by The red Strat.
damn, you're just asking for a jazz chorus

there's also a JC-90 i believe, although i don't know if it's as good as a jc-120.
anyways, it's solid state so you don't have to turn it up to get a great tone.
it'll be fine for bedroom practice, you'll simple have spare power.

hehe... It's out of my budget range by a double factor ;D That's the reason I can't have it.
nothing better for clean than a fender I guess(guitar and amp...both )
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by hminh87
hehe... It's out of my budget range by a double factor ;D That's the reason I can't have it.

i'm sure you could fine a used one for 400 dollars.
Quote by The red Strat.
i'm sure you could fine a used one for 400 dollars.

Can't find anywhere but US ebay... I'm in sweden so it's not an option to buy such big object oversea.
ahh, fair enough.

save up for one then
seriously, it's exactly what you want.

EDIT: i see there are also JC-50's and 60's. look around for those. i don't know if they're as good as the famous jc-120 though.
Its hard to compare whats coming out of your headphones to an actual guitar amplifier unless your using studio grade head phones meaning one that are in the $500-$1200 range. Just go play a bunch of amps thats all you can do.
Keyboard amp, powered PA speaker, full PA. Any amp intended for guitar will color the sound comming from the pod.
These go to eleven...
Look into Atomic amps http://www.atomicamps.com/ . They make tube amps that are made to work with modelers.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.