one advice. don't get a harley benton cab, because a friend of mine has that cab and i've noticed that it will just give you a muddy ''mooof'' sound if you have put any bass on your EQ settings...
Oh yes, the DS-1 guy. Happy with your pedal?

Watts measure power, so yes, more watts = more power. However, volume isn't the same thing as watts.

Yes, the GA5 is pretty good. It's basically a Valve Junior with an added tone control. I guess it'd reach Van Halen levels if you turn it up and use the DS-1.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
There another bundle on there with an epiphone valve junoir cab for £20 more. 70 watts. How does this do good?

Thank you for your replies and yes my DS-1 is doing fine i bought him an adapter
Quote by IAMREALLYCOOL
There another bundle on there with an epiphone valve junoir cab for £20 more. 70 watts. How does this do good?

Thank you for your replies and yes my DS-1 is doing fine i bought him an adapter

The cab being 70 watts doesn't matter, the amps wattage is what matters. Just remember that the cab needs to be able to handle more than the amp pushes out (or at least the same). I guess the VJ cab is better, tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Finland45
one advice. don't get a harley benton cab, because a friend of mine has that cab and i've noticed that it will just give you a muddy ''mooof'' sound if you have put any bass on your EQ settings...

Theres a decent one with v30's in it, wich gets cheaper than buying the 2 v30's seperate
Dont know if thats the one tough
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

are you in the UK? if you are, for the price of the valve junior/ga5 + cabinet, you could probably get a laney vc15, which has a bit more gain and might handle those styles a bit better.

don't get me wrong, it's not a modern-sounding amp, but it'll do the modern stuff a bit better than a valve junior.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd reccommend a Harley Benton combo...

probably best bang for the buck when it comes to people who want to buy an amp for blues and classic rock (can go hard rock territory wit han od).

I love mine