Why do people on this site have the illusion that you have to have the BEST most EXPENSIVE equipment to get a good sound? its rediculous, if you can play good, itll sound good. Badass amps and guitars wont make you play good. Lets think about the equipment James Hetfield used on kill em all. He had a piece of **** flying v copy, that had its headstock broken off multiple times. . .
Quote by sestemofatowel
Why do people on this site have the illusion that you have to have the BEST most EXPENSIVE equipment to get a good sound? its rediculous, if you can play good, itll sound good. Badass amps and guitars wont make you play good. Lets think about the equipment James Hetfield used on kill em all. He had a piece of **** flying v copy, that had its headstock broken off multiple times. . .

Because people are idiots.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Because people are idiots.

+1
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah! i've been thinking this same issue for a long time... maybe it's just that ''good'' feeling that someone might have when he/she gets something new?
Quote by sestemofatowel
Lets think about the equipment James Hetfield used on kill em all. He had a piece of **** flying v copy, that had its headstock broken off multiple times. . .

That doesn't mean it didn't sound good.
I'm not sure what pickups and amp he used on that album but most of the tone came from the really heavy gain on the amp anyway.
No-one's saying they'll make you play well, but I tend to find that when I sound good, I feel good, and when I feel good, I play well. Also, some guitars are easier to play than others.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
People just want better things for themselves regardless of how little difference it makes, it's human nature too want the best of something.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by sestemofatowel

yes and thats because he realised your amp makes up 90% of your tone and had a decent valve plexi marshall...

And to be honest his sound wasnt bad just not what he wanted...
because generally more expensive equipment is better than cheaper stuff.

compare a squire strat to a jem or other high-end guitar and tell me it's easier to play the squire. compare a crappy 10 watt starter pack amp to a mesa half stack and tell me what you would rather have

I dunno I kinda have an obssession here lately with gear that most people would consider junk. But I do believe that most modern day stuff has gotten to the point where you cant seem to find a decent guitar for cheap without having to change the hardware and stuff. It's like you can't buy those old Silvertones at Sears anymore. You can get a "Fender" Starcaster or something but it isn't going to be that great. Unless you change the pickups,upgrade the hardware,etc till the point that its nothing like what it originally was. But if you give me a choice I'll usually go with the more expensive stuff.
Quote by sestemofatowel

So what? Maiden used to play with Squier strats, they still had all-valve amps behind them.

The guitar means a whole lot less than the Amp.

Solid state amps as they are today can't match up to valve.

And most expensive doesn't mean best.

Just because one brand charges 2x more for something than another doesn't mean the more expensive one is going to give me the tone I want.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Solid state amps as they are today can't match up to valve.

Line 6 Vetta IIs and Roland Jazz Choruses match up valve amps pretty well I'd say.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Line 6 Vetta IIs and Roland Jazz Choruses match up valve amps pretty well I'd say.

they're hella expensive though.
It's not about having expensive gear, it's just about having gear that complements your playing.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
half of these people missed the point completely. 90% of the reason most of this idiots thing certain guitars are ****ty is probably cause they dont know how to set them up right. Yea, theres a quality difference with more expensive guitars, but i love my 10 year old ibanez rg 120. it was 200, i put an invader in it, and a handmade diamond plate pickguard with jagged edges. if these people spent half the time they spend sitting here talking out there ass actually practicing guitar, they might actually have a clue.