I hurt my left hand at work about 2 and a half weeks ago. At first I thought it was nothing, but I noticed swelling in my palm right between my index and middle fingers. It felt really unwell is the only way I can describe. Pain would come and go. It was a weird numbing, pinching type of pain.

I saw an orthopedic Dr. and she said to keep resting it like I had been and it should be better. Well about 3 days after that visit it started to hurt like hell and swelled up to about twice the size it was, about 3 times bigger than my other, uninjured hand.

Saw the Dr. again and she put me in a splint/ace bandage for about a week and a half. Went again yesterday and she said I still can't play guitar for another 3 weeks, can't lift weights or play sports either.

The pain is pretty much gone, but the swelling remains. The only way I can describe the feeling is my left hand feels "unwell". Like I'm very aware of my left hand, that area in particular. Make any sense?

I haven't played in like 3 months b/c of another injury. I write left handed as well and I'm really starting to get mad. Have any of you guys had a problem like this? I'm thinking it could be a nerve thing? I just don't want to have to have surgery b/c I'm missing shows aka money.

I go back to see the Dr. in like 2 weeks, but though the pain is pretty much gone the feeling of my hand has been the same since I injured it.

I just wanna ****ing play again!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i broke my wrist once
not as bad as what you have
but i couldnt play guitar normally for a month
i had to lay the guitar flat on my lap and tap
that was over four years ago and even today i still get pains where i broke it if i strain my wrist too hard
i say you find ANY way to still play guitar
even if you need to use your toes
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.