i strum most rhythm with 3 fingers on pick but pick individual notes with 2... but when i have to move between these two i dont have time to adjust pick in my hand.... do most people strum with 2 fingers (thumb index)? it feels so much harder to control
I think if you strum with 3 fingers, it feels too rigid, where I like my strumming to feel loose and relaxed.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yeah I strum with 2 fingers, and it does feel loose if you're using a smooth pick. Try chewing on your pick (or getting a racoon to do it like I did xD) to give it some grip and it might not feel as out-of-control.
Gear :
Fender Special Run Standard Strat HSS Black
Fender Showmaster BurstQuilted Maple Top HH Black Cherry
Vox AD100VTH Head and V412BK Cabinet
i play with my thumb and my index but like i dont lay the pick on the tip of my index it lays on most of my index, idk if that will make any since too you but, i pick with two fingers.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
i never really think about the way i hold a pick... it's like when someone asks you how you hold a pencil; you never really know how you do it, it's just kinda natural... i suppose i use two fingers all the time, but i can't really say for sure. my suggestion to you is either find a way to easily transition between the two, or just train yourself to strum the way you do single notes, or vice versa.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
i play with my thumb and my index but like i dont lay the pick on the tip of my index it lays on most of my index, idk if that will make any since too you but, i pick with two fingers.

That's how i roll too. I guess we just keep it br00tl.