i let my girlfriend hold my guitar for a couple of days but she kept it in her trunk over the past 4 days here in NYC where its been below 25 degrees all week. I found out and got it back today expecting the neck to have warped a little or something, luckily it didn't(at least not enough yet for me to notice). So I proceed to plug it in and I notice the output of the neck pickup is the same as it was before, but the bridge pickup is only at about half of it's output...this is of course both rolled to 10. I tried different cables, different gain settings, higher and lower volumes....but nothing. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra with stock pickups. Could the cold weather have damaged the circuitry or something, anyone have something similar happen to them? Help me out please. Thank You.
maybe the solder joint dried up or something? (though i don't know how/why cold temperatures would have done that- unless there was a draught)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could be a solder joint, thats best case senario at this point.
Extreme cold can affect the magnetism in the pickups, particularly old ones. If the magnetism drops, the output drops. If this is the case you may need to swap out that pickup.
Sorry man, that sux.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
sounds like a mystery. perhaps the volume potentiometer was damaged somehow due to the cold... and now the wiper does not have as much of a range. this is my best guess. if somehting happened to the pickup, i.e. open circuit due to wire constriction from quick temp change, you wouldnt hear anything at all.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
^^ are you sure cold would affect the magnetisation? i just checked on wiki and you can de-magnetise something by heating it past the curie point, not cooling. though i'm a bit rusty on magnetism, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanx for the responses guys, just plugged it in again and it magically fixed itself...guess i'll never know what it was...last time i ever trust anyone else with my axe lol
maybe your girlfriend secretly swapped the pickups out of it. and is proceeding to learn the guitar