Paul Gilbert economy picks sometimes, he kinda covers all the picking bases.
does it matter?
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Zakk Wylde (i hate him), Marty Friedman. Dont feel obligated to learn it. Many other guitarists, such as Paul Gilbert, have commented on the fact that this type of picking takes away from the true sound of alternating.
Quote by I<3Pie
Paul Gilbert economy picks sometimes, he kinda covers all the picking bases.

He is a genius. I am gonna start studying his style hard.
Quote by Jackolas
He is a genius. I am gonna start studying his style hard.

I have never seen him. I have studied that guy's technique and it still memorizes me when i watch videos. Hes a real treat live too.
I was asking this question because I do economy pick. Is it weird that I economy pick going up a scale, and alternate pick down a scale?
Quote by GuitarEvan07
I was asking this question because I do economy pick. Is it weird that I economy pick going up a scale, and alternate pick down a scale?

Haha, it's the same with me when it's 3 notes per string.
^not anymore he doesn't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Malcolm Young.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dave Mustaine busts his nut at the sight of economy picking.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by GuitarEvan07
:-( Yeah i know! But did he use to?

I simply can't for the life of me understand why people care about this stuff...picking is picking, it's just a means to an end. You just do whatever is required to produce the note you want, if that means alternate picking then great, if you want to be more efficient and economy pick it then equally great.

What someone else does is immaterial, every famous guitarist has some odd quirk to their playing that their peers wouldn't dream of trying to replicate because different things work for different people. Just pick however works best for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I simply can't for the life of me understand why people care about this stuff...picking is picking, it's just a means to an end. You just do whatever is required to produce the note you want, if that means alternate picking then great, if you want to be more efficient and economy pick it then equally great.

What someone else does is immaterial, every famous guitarist has some odd quirk to their playing that their peers wouldn't dream of trying to replicate because different things work for different people. Just pick however works best for you.

yea
individuality needs to be promoted
Quote by GuitarEvan07
yea lol. I guess if marty friedman economy picks so does jason becker?

Jason Becker played so fast that it'd be hard to tell. He doesn't talk about it that much any more, when asked what pickups he used, he can barely remember, cause he doesn't have much reason to think about it at this time.