Page 1 of 2
Ok so people keep saying that Bugera amps are actually built by Behringer. I emailed Bugera and this is what I got back.
Dear Ian.

Thank you for showing interest in the BUGERA products.

Well, BUGERA is BUGERA, and BEHRINGER is the exclusive distributor of BUGERA products.

In the past, BEHRINGER combos and cabinets were equipped with BUGERA speakers ( they still are ),

And as BUGERA decided to build amplifiers, the step to chose BEHRINGER as distributor was obvious.

I hope I was able to bring some light on this mater.

Your BUGERA Team

European Business Center
BEHRINGER International GmbH

www.behringer.com

This email is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) named above and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not (among) the intended recipient(s), you may not copy, utilize or distribute any of the information contained herein. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately via return email and delete the original from your mailbox. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:32 AM
To: webmaster Bugera-Amps
Subject: Bugeras rleation to Behringer

There has been much talk on the Ultimate-Guitar and Harmony-Central forums about Bugeras relation to Behringer. Some people are saying that Behringer actually owns Bugera and basically Bugera amps are Behringer amps with a different name on them. Others are saying that Behringer just distributes Bugera products and takes care of all the legal stuff. So which is it? Is Bugera actually a seperate company with a seperate team of designers or is it just a relabled Behringer?

Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hopefully people will see this and understand more about what's going on. I think Bugera amps are looking pretty good. But like everyone else I am waiting to see if they are reliable.
Quote by stevenexp
Hopefully people will see this and understand more about what's going on. I think Bugera amps are looking pretty good. But like everyone else I am waiting to see if they are reliable.

Yeah thats true.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by sashki
Who cares who made them. What matters is are they any good?

My Ibanez is made in a Cort factory, by the way. True story.

Yes, thats what we've been trying to say the whole time. People are like "Behringer makes this, its complete **** now". Just go try it and then make your assumptions people.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i ordered one of their heads, theres a return policy at the place i ordered from so ill try it out on monday when it comes and let everyone in on a brief review.
Quote by sashki
Who cares who made them. What matters is are they any good?

My Ibanez is made in a Cort factory, by the way. True story.

In Korea? My Fender is from there.
LIES ALL LIES! LOL

But on a bright note im actually hoping they work out because im going to be buying a 5150 or 6505 sometime. So as the months pass and these things are still kickin i might pick one up myself... Im just not jumping on the bandwagon until the dust storm as cleared...
All legla mumbo jumbo. For all intends and purposes, they are a Behringer product. They're going to say that to protect themselves. Like I said, works the same way as Kramer/Gibson and Jackson/Fender. Sure the parent company doesn't make them PER SE but they are owned by them. Nevermind the person who responded from the BUGERA team was located at BEHRINGER INTERNATIONAL. You people need to read between the lines of this crap. Not to mention there is a three page thread on this already.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799866&highlight=bugera+behringer
Quote by CJRocker
All legla mumbo jumbo. For all intends and purposes, they are a Behringer product. They're going to say that to protect themselves. Like I said, works the same way as Kramer/Gibson and Jackson/Fender. Sure the parent company doesn't make them PER SE but they are owned by them. Nevermind the person who responded from the BUGERA team was located at BEHRINGER INTERNATIONAL. You people need to read between the lines of this crap. Not to mention there is a three page thread on this already.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799866&highlight=bugera+behringer

Why are you attacking Bugera. Its just childish. Do you have no tolerance for their products? Have you even tried any of their products?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Why are you attacking Bugera. Its just childish. Do you have no tolerance for their products? Have you even tried any of their products?

I am not attacking them. What I am attackign are the people who can't read between the legal mumbo jumbo and are proclaiming it's not Behringer to try and reassure themselves they didn't just spend $600 on something made by arguably one of the worse companies in terms of quality to come along in the last 20 years.
Quote by mike.h

I have and returned them all, so has many others...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I have and returned them all, so has many others...

You've bought more than 1 bugera amp and have returned all of them? I find that hard to believe.

And CJ,

In the other thread you were encouraging people to stay away from Bugera. Why on earth do you make all these assumptions like "its made by the worst company". If you havent used one of Bugeras products it makes no sense at all to say that their products are ****. All youre doing is making people feel like they wasted their money on what actually is a great amp...
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Last edited by mike.h at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by mike.h
You've bought more than 1 bugera amp and have returned all of them? I find that hard to believe.

And CJ,

In the other thread you were encouraging people to stay away from Bugera. Why on earth do you make all these assumptions like "its made by the worst company". If you havent used one of Bugeras products it makes no sense at all to say that their products are ****. All youre doing is making people feel like they wasted their money on what actually is a great amp...

Opps sorry thought we were talking about Behringer ohhh we are.... lol

Haha got confused....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Opps sorry thought we were talking about Behringer ohhh we are.... lol

Haha got confused....

Thought so =)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h

And CJ,

I've owned Behringer stuff. I know people who have owned Behringer stuff. It works for a year or so and breaks. I am against buying something because its cheap. Call me old fashion, stupid, politcally incorrect, Ed Roman, etc, but I am for buying what will last. Bugera stuff is made in China by Behringer. If you Bugera amps last 5 years hey you were right. An amp is only great if it lasts. And buddy, popular opinion is Behringer is the most unreliable company. Note I didn't say worse. There stuff is good, it just is made like crap. Lets put it this way; if basic Chinese amps like the Valveking, Spider, Valvetronix, Crates, etc have poor records, why would you think an extremely complex amp is going to be built to last.

I encourage people to stay away from Chinese, Indonesian, and Korean products because its a waste of money as its not made near as well as Japanese, American, or even Mexican stuff, and I don't like seeing people waste there money.
^For the record I have had a Behringer GMX-212 for almost 3 years and it still works like it did the day I got it. Also I usually move it about 3 times a week (sometimes more) from my house to church on Wednesdays and then to music practice Thursdays and occasionaly a jam session at a friends on Fridays and or Saturdays and finally again for church on Sundays so to say it works for a year or so and breaks is a bit ignorant methinks.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
^For the record I have had a Behringer GMX-212 for almost 3 years and it still works like it did the day I got it. Also I usually move it about 3 times a week (sometimes more) from my house to church on Wednesdays and then to music practice Thursdays and occasionaly a jam session at a friends on Fridays and or Saturdays and finally again for church on Sundays so to say it works for a year or so and breaks is a bit ignorant methinks.

maybe cj just doesnt know how to take care of his things?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
maybe cj just doesnt know how to take care of his things?

a 40degree car over night should NOT damage a small piece of stereo equipment. I guess the legions of others who have had issues don't know how to take care of their stuff either

EDIT: and if you ask the people on this board, I'm pretty sure they'll say I know how to maintain guitar gear.
Last edited by CJRocker at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker

EDIT: and if you ask the people on this board, I'm pretty sure they'll say I know how to maintain guitar gear.

Phail. no one cares about what other people think about how well you maintain guitar gear. also graduate high school before you start talking about legal munbo jumbo.
Quote by sg622
Phail. no one cares about what other people think about how well you maintain guitar gear. also graduate high school before you start talking about legal munbo jumbo.

And what's YOUR level of education? Whatever it is, it doesn't save you from being an ignorant ass. Also, at least I use proper grammar.
Quote by CJRocker
I've owned Behringer stuff. I know people who have owned Behringer stuff. It works for a year or so and breaks. I am against buying something because its cheap. Call me old fashion, stupid, politcally incorrect, Ed Roman, etc, but I am for buying what will last. Bugera stuff is made in China by Behringer. If you Bugera amps last 5 years hey you were right. An amp is only great if it lasts. And buddy, popular opinion is Behringer is the most unreliable company. Note I didn't say worse. There stuff is good, it just is made like crap. Lets put it this way; if basic Chinese amps like the Valveking, Spider, Valvetronix, Crates, etc have poor records, why would you think an extremely complex amp is going to be built to last.

I encourage people to stay away from Chinese, Indonesian, and Korean products because its a waste of money as its not made near as well as Japanese, American, or even Mexican stuff, and I don't like seeing people waste there money.

I have a Behringer 15W Combo and its been great for the almost 3 years I've owned it, except for the grounding issues that it has due to moving, dropping, and backseat riding from band practice to home, its survived it share of crap, and it still sounds like when it was new, no reliability issues...maybe you just got unlucky and got a couple of lemons, it happens.
To the people saying i have had this for 5 years and so on with no issues. No one said every single thing 100% of the time breaks. Much like people say a certain model of car always breaks down and all the reviews say it sucks. There still that few group that got a good batch and have had no issues what so ever. Its all in quality control. When quality control sucks and the parts they use are cheap things slip through the cracks. Hell even Gibson has beeen getting a bad rap for this.. Its not only Behringer... Quality control is quality control for any company....
I'm not saying every product Behringer makes is crap. It's not even QC is their stuff is good off the shoot unlike a lot of stuff Gibson rolls off. It's just Chinese stuff aimed for budget minded people. And a lot of their stuff just won't work. a piece of audio equipment should last at least 20 years, but maybe I'm stuck in the past. Look at old Boss, MXR, Maestro, Marshall, Fender, and Vox products to name a few; they got famous as they built long lasting, durable stuff. Behringer does not build long lasting durable stuff. When the person who has something last a long while is a fluke as opposed to the person who has one break after a couple weeks you've got a problem.
Quote by CJRocker
I'm not saying every product Behringer makes is crap. It's not even QC is their stuff is good off the shoot unlike a lot of stuff Gibson rolls off. It's just Chinese stuff aimed for budget minded people. And a lot of their stuff just won't work. a piece of audio equipment should last at least 20 years, but maybe I'm stuck in the past. Look at old Boss, MXR, Maestro, Marshall, Fender, and Vox products to name a few; they got famous as they built long lasting, durable stuff. Behringer does not build long lasting durable stuff. When the person who has something last a long while is a fluke as opposed to the person who has one break after a couple weeks you've got a problem.

+1

Thats another reason why Japan Based Models of Boss Effects are so high dollar and rare now-a-days... Boss switched over to cheaper parts and a different manufacturing company in Taiwan . And they just don't last like they used too....Also the Japan models sound a tab better
Quote by CJRocker
And what's YOUR level of education? Whatever it is, it doesn't save you from being an ignorant ass. Also, at least I use proper grammar.

1. He doesn't have any.
2. Yes
3. I see, very nice.

CJ, he's not worth arguing with

funny side note the behringer factory in austraila burnt down i thought that was funny oh and the other guitarist in my band works at a local GC and behringer holds the record for most returned products and repiars
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by CJRocker

Im in college right now actually. After youre done with your 6th period come tell me that you can use grammar again and once again i will tell you I DONT CARE.

edit: no but seriously im not worth it.
Last edited by sg622 at Mar 1, 2008,
Wow, I just went on the Bugera website and it went ape**** and opened up infinite new browser windows.

Had to turn my PC off to even get rid of them, they appeared so fast.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Wow, I just went on the Bugera website and it went ape**** and opened up infinite new browser windows.

Had to turn my PC off to even get rid of them, they appeared so fast.

I suggest you get something like AdAware and check for spyware.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Ain't no spyware on this thing, I just checked and it's only had about 2 hours of internet use anyway... And no unsavoury sites at all.

Which means all the problem came from the Bugera site.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Ain't no spyware on this thing, I just checked and it's only had about 2 hours of internet use anyway... And no unsavoury sites at all.

Which means all the problem came from the Bugera site.

Meh, might be. But I just visited it with Firefox and IE and had no problems (and I've visited it before). Oh well.
Quote by Lunchbox362
There's this one guy on the Carvin forums, he got a Bugera 6260. He thought it was great. Awesome tone, build quality, etc. 3 Days later, he posts that it's crapped out and he's sending it back..

Now, that could've been a lemon.. but it makes you think
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The thing is, how do any of you know if these people even took careof it?

It could have bashed about more than a rednecks wife for all we know.
Yes, I bet that instead of playing on his new toy he threw his shiny new amp a few times against the wall for fun and invited a few friends over to play basketball with it, spilling beers all over the poor amp in the process...

Altough shipping damage is very possible.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
Yes, I bet that instead of playing on his new toy he threw his shiny new amp a few times against the wall for fun and invited a few friends over to play basketball with it, spilling beers all over the poor amp in the process...

Altough shipping damage is very possible.

You never know... I have plenty of friends who just don't give a **** about their stuff... They leave disks and **** lying in their room, clothes draped over everything, things on there side and not picking them up.

Anything is possible..

This thread just seems to be a lot of hate on Behringer and other people just jumping on yet another bandwagon.
Okay, so I guess it's possible.. but then again, it's also possible a pixie secretly took a sledgehammer to it and sprinkled some screw-up-a-Behringer-really-good-pixie dust on it for good measure on the 3rd day.

Also, bandwagons are to be expected on a forum like this.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Fama
Meh, might be. But I just visited it with Firefox and IE and had no problems (and I've visited it before). Oh well.

Did you accidentally do anything to clear you Flash cache? Flash will do that when you clear your cache IIRC.

EDIT: That was directed at MrCarrot, sorry.
Last edited by CJRocker at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker
Did you accidentally do anything to clear you Flash cache? Flash will do that when you clear your cache IIRC.

I think you ment to say that to MrCarrot.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Page 1 of 2