Okay, I would really like to learn how to play some Slash stuff. Anything from GNR or Velvot Revolver is fine for me. Everyone at my school is like "You should learn some slash stuff." The only slash thing I know is the Volkswagen commercial

To give you an overview of hows "good" or "bad" I am, here are the following songs I can play:

Raining Blood by Slayer
Volkswagen Ad by Slash(Repetition ftw)
My Curse by Killswitch Engage
Know Your Enemy by RATM
Destroyer of Senses by Shadows Fall

I can play blues scales pretty good and clean, minor scales good, alright at major sclaes, I can't do harmonics, I'm TERRIBLE at sweep picking, and I can tap/hammer on/pulloff pretty well. And I'm just beginning to get good at speed patterns

Am I good to go? If I am, what songs should I start to learn?

Thanks for your help, if you DO help
slither by velvet revolver
rythm is easy, solo isn't too bad either, but its more fun just to improvise over it
Top lel.
the solo to American Man is fairly easy, until the very end of it.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
learn sweet child o mine or the november rain solo(really easy,friend learned it a week after he picked up the guitar)

fyi the songs you play are not that bad especially raining blood and your skill slightly depeds on how long youve been playing (if you been playing for 2 years and thats all you know then no youre not that good.On the other hand you could be playing for 2 months and be AMAZING)
Loving the Alien - Velvet Revolver
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
slash doesnt use sweeping as far as i'm aware so you should be fine

see even if you aren't great, just choose a song to learn. Seriously slow it down, learn it, practice it, and keep at it and you'll get it and it'll be totally worth it!
Top lel.
I'd recommend Fall To Pieces by Velvet Revolver. It's kind of a slow song so you can serenade the ladies!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
alright thanx guys.

I've had my guitar for about 4 years, but I actually started taking it seriously about last year. So yeah, I'm pretty bad, but I just started practicing everyday like in the Summer of 2007.
I can't believe no one has suggested it yet but, try Knockin On Heavens Door, the first solo is real easy, the second is slightly harder but still relatively basic. Someone mentioned learning the SCOM or November Rain solos (which is a strange suggestion), well thats a good idea, but if you can play them then there is no reason why you can't play 90% of guitar solos in general and 90% of Slash's stuff as pretty much all his songs are equal too or easier than them two.
slither-VR
she builds quick machines-VR
she mine is kinda easy....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by Assface137
Okay, I would really like to learn how to play some Slash stuff. Anything from GNR or Velvot Revolver is fine for me. Everyone at my school is like "You should learn some slash stuff." The only slash thing I know is the Volkswagen commercial

To give you an overview of hows "good" or "bad" I am, here are the following songs I can play:

Raining Blood by Slayer
Volkswagen Ad by Slash(Repetition ftw)
My Curse by Killswitch Engage
Know Your Enemy by RATM
Destroyer of Senses by Shadows Fall

I can play blues scales pretty good and clean, minor scales good, alright at major sclaes, I can't do harmonics, I'm TERRIBLE at sweep picking, and I can tap/hammer on/pulloff pretty well. And I'm just beginning to get good at speed patterns

Am I good to go? If I am, what songs should I start to learn?

Thanks for your help, if you DO help
hey, is my curse easier than it sounds? cuz it sounds hard..
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
yeah my curse is easy. the only thing tough is getting it to sound really smooth and nice all at once.
Quote by Assface137
yeah my curse is easy. the only thing tough is getting it to sound really smooth and nice all at once.

indeed!
i've still got to learn the kinda lead parts but thats it
Top lel.