This is an aggresive thrash metal song I made, repetive at times, but with vocals I can assure this song would be sweet.

Solo is a bit crazy. Basically, I suck at writing solos, so its the best I could come up with. Don't tell me that the strings would break, thats to fast, etc. The solo just is not the strong point of this song

P.S. - As you may notice, this is very Slayer-esque.. I've been listening to tem a lot lately hehe.
Attachments:
thrashsong.zip
=]
I like it.
Its very repetitive, not always a bad thing with good vocals though, The solo sounds like someting Dragonforce would do, and the bends/Whammy Bar would proper screw your fingers and strings up. And that is incredibly fast for a solo.
But all in all, its good.
Last edited by Pyrest at Feb 29, 2008,
Good:

- Pretty heavy
- Relatively fast
-This power chord thing you did. its the perfect start to a complex and intricate thrash riff, it has that indescribable drive and is compatible with just about anything you want to put after it whether it be more chords or palm muting. It all depends on how well you use it.
e----------------|
B----------------|
G----------------|
D----4----------|
A----2--5--4---|
E--------3--2---|

Bad:

- Not very interesting riffs
- Not very catchy riffs
- Bad solo
- Boring
- Too simple, lacks the intensity of actual slayer riffs and the complexity of say Megadeth or Testament
- The breakdown

Suggestions: (Your not going like this)
- Scrap it take my advice to heart and try better next time
- Take what you think is good from it and expand on it
- Take this and find a way to modify it to make it catchier.

FYI: I listen to bands like Nuclear Assault, Testament, Megadeth, Kreator, Sodom, Destuction, Forbbiden, Annihilator, Venom, Black Sabbath, Celtic Frost, Slayer(early stuff only), Etc. Just some backround so you don't think i like melodic death metal and dislike your thrash because of that

Rating: 6/10 overall

take a look at this please

Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Feb 29, 2008,
Thank you for critiques.

I actually agree with you now that you mention it, in the fact this is a VERY generic thrash song, using the same structure through out. Could you also tell me more specifically what powerchord riff you liked (because there is a lot :P)

Actually, I am not much into thrash metal. I like Slayer but thats about all, because they are the heaviest :P (and pioneers of death metal). I am more into death metal, grindcore, and black metal or anything else under the "extreme metal" umbrella.

This actually started off as some grindcore song, but it quickly turned into a thrash song, due to the fact that I have been listening to Angel of Death WAY too much lately.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Thank you for critiques.

I actually agree with you now that you mention it, in the fact this is a VERY generic thrash song, using the same structure through out. Could you also tell me more specifically what powerchord riff you liked (because there is a lot :P)

Actually, I am not much into thrash metal. I like Slayer but thats about all, because they are the heaviest :P (and pioneers of death metal). I am more into death metal, grindcore, and black metal or anything else under the "extreme metal" umbrella.

This actually started off as some grindcore song, but it quickly turned into a thrash song, due to the fact that I have been listening to Angel of Death WAY too much lately.

Actually(to correct you) Slayer is not the heaviest thrash metal band by a longshot. I would consider Kreator to be the pioneers of death metal, simply because if you compared say pleasure to kill(kreator album) to reign in blood i can almost guarantee that pleasure to kill is the more brutal of the two. Because of this, Kreator, is in my opinion a much better/heaver band then slayer(kreators albums are also consistently good/better than slayers).

I also put a tab of exactly what power chord sequence i liked in my critique. its under the good section
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Feb 29, 2008,