I want to know the difference (technically) between the two amps. I know one has 50 more watts... that's about it. Im not even asking for price, and aren't sure to look at these thorougly yet, so dont get on my case
I understand tone is subjective, but could someone compare the tones of the two? Is the Triple Meant for more gain and a more agressive style of play?
Thanks
Nope, Triple just has more volume. Unnessesary volume at that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
You don't need 150 tube watts.

I'm like freakin half deaf and I can get my 120 head to make even my ears hurt horribly. (And to get my ears ringing you have to get really ****ing loud, I don't even consider most major concerts painfully loud)
Quote by garden of grey
You don't need 150 tube watts.

I'm like freakin half deaf and I can get my 120 head to make even my ears hurt horribly. (And to get my ears ringing you have to get really ****ing loud, I don't even consider most major concerts painfully loud)

I completly agree there. Hell, I wouldnt need to push 30W Tube. I just wanted to know if there is any tone difference between them. It seems useless to pay $1000 more for 50 watts that you will probably never get much use from.
the knobs all go up to 11, if you ever need that extra push

-Spinal Tap, nohing to do with the actual amps
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
So finally (thanks guys) there is no real tone difference? All volume and headroom you won't need?
Yeah thats basically the only difference. I doubt 100 tube watts will get used, a single rec would be enough.
Quote by nedthehead
So finally (thanks guys) there is no real tone difference? All volume and headroom you won't need?

there is a difference in its design not just volume i recall..check out the mesa site.
the extra tube and more wattage not good though for practice.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
3 extra tubes is the difference. The slogan for the thing is "When excess is barely enough". And, the triple isn't 1000 dollars extra, it is 100...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Have you played the Recto combos too?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Have you played the Recto combos too?

I played a rectoverb 2x12 combo and was DAMN impressed!
^^ also it only has ss rectifier, while the duals/triples have both ss and tube rectification

The triple has more clean headroom than the dual + has an extra rectifier tube, giving more sag. And the whole not being able to use all that volume, most of the gain comes from the preamp, so you don't need to crank it all the way to get the best of it.
Now with the single rectos/rectoverbs you'll get more power tube saturation out of it, they sound lovely cranked.
I would get a dual over a triple just for saving more money, 3 less tubes you have to replace whenever you decide to retube it. Honestly i've played the two and i don't really remember that bit of a difference, the triple may have a little more guts than the dual, but i dont think by that much. Also considering getting a triple, if you have that much money, you might as well save up 100 more dollars and get a Roadster. 4 channels of pure sex
I'd say if you get a chance play both the dual and triple, see which one is better