I've been looking into the marshall mg30 for my next amp but i've heard alot of people who haven't been to impressed with the mg series. So could anyone give me a suggestion for an amp with a similar price. (the mg30 is $240)
I mostly play cleans but I do use distortion every now and then. And no not in a band right now.
Crate gtd series (gtd 65=$279)
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Vox AD-30VT

slightly more on price but worth it!
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by ACDCfrontman
I mostly play cleans but I do use distortion every now and then. And no not in a band right now.

Well, what I was saying is, would you like to be able to use this with a band? In other words, do you plan to start a band or jam with other musicians?

Telling me you use cleans and distortion means nothing, honestly. Your username is ACDCfrontman - do you play music like that?
Naming the bands you want to sound like, and the bands you play helps me understand what kind of tone you want.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, what I was saying is, would you like to be able to use this with a band? In other words, do you plan to start a band or jam with other musicians?

Telling me you use cleans and distortion means nothing, honestly. Your username is ACDCfrontman - do you play music like that?
Naming the bands you want to sound like, and the bands you play helps me understand what kind of tone you want.

Well i'm kinda all over the board. I like alot of the chili peppers and beatles. But then also obviously ac/dc, zeppelin, hendrix, white stripes, van halen. Pretty much all classic rock.
Quote by ACDCfrontman
Well i'm kinda all over the board. I like alot of the chili peppers and beatles. But then also obviously ac/dc, zeppelin, hendrix, white stripes, van halen. Pretty much all classic rock.

I vote 30 watt valvetronix.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The Regular Vox Valvetronix AD30 is pretty for cleans but if you want some gain the XL version is a good amp.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
The Vox AD30VT would be a good choice - a little more than your original budget, but it's a good amp. Nice modeling job, does a good job of getting those classic rock tones.

I have yet to play the Blackheart, but it's basically a more versatile version of the Epi VJ, so I'd check that out. The VJ does classic rock famously, so if the Blackheart Little Giant is anything like that, it's a good option. A Blackheart 5W "halfstacK" is plenty loud, though not loud enough for a band, and should run ya up around 250.