i can get my hands on a nice new 5 string standard fender jazz for really cheap
but there is one problem... it is a left handed model

would it be worth buying it anyway and swaping the nut and strings around so it plays like a righty?

thanks
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
It's not just the nuts and bolts needing flipping, it's gonna upside down like crazy weird, but I guess go for it. I'm not a bass player, so yeah,
Well you play a T-bird - it would be an improvement in access at least...

I don't recommend you do that. If it's cheap though, buy it and flog it.
It doesn't seem that farfetched...but there might be some kind of pickup problem, at some point.
The.
If I were you, I'd buy it, sell it for more than you bought it for, and make some money to put towards a new right-handed one. Why hinder yourself in any way?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
my guitar teacher did that with a strat in the 70's said it turned out amasing sound and all...iunno if its the same tho cause he said it was because the bridge pickup was now tilting the other way

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
haha...learn to play it left and you can start a new thing and be famous for it
the ambidexterious bass player

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by joelymoleymoley
no one take into account how controls will completely get in the way?

you beat me to it lol. but yeah, the knobs and output jack will be flipped too, making it somewhat rather awkward if you simply flip it. if you must buy it though, i'd follow Your41Plague12's advice and sell it for a profit
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3