Hey i was wondering what the pros and cons of this player is. I have read up on it but i am really undecided if i should buy this or stick with my Zen Vision:M 30GB. Even though i have a Zen that is over a year old i am running out of space on it so the 80GB Ipod is attractive so it can hold all my music. Also the Zen is begining to show the wear and tear. So yeah opinions would be helpful

Cheers Cjb Scotland
im having the same problem. cept i have no money to buy the ipod....
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Well, if all your music is unprotected, you shouldn't have a problem switching over.

If it is, then I would just stick with Plays-for-Sure devices. The Zen is one, right? Or maybe it's not, but iTunes like to lock everyone else out by using it's own type of file.
I love my 80GB.

I say you get it. They're great.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
not sure what you mean by that, iPods do support standard MP3 files,as well as a bunch of other lossless variants and such. It is true though that you cant use WMAs. As for the classic i have been wondering the same thing, except im looking to go for the 160 gig. Why? Because i bought the 30 gig thinking i would never run out of storage on that. Im thinking that if i go with the 80 gig it will be halfway filled already and it will eventually fill to. But if i get the 160gig i am more confidant in its ability to hold all the music i could ever want.
Quote by blackenedktulu
I like my 80GB... It's good...

A lot of haters though...

same here.
But mine only just started screwing up yesterday
It pauses for no reason
Hmm yeah all these are good points and yeah the files that the Zen can support are great. However, Zen are no longer making Hard-Disk players but instead are focussing on flash drives now this brings the problem of storage because flash cannot hold that much. So that is why i was looking towards the Ipod but if anyone else has suggestions for a good player that is 80GBs and is £160 then i will consider it

Cjb Scotland
Quote by KetchupLad14
Well, if all your music is unprotected, you shouldn't have a problem switching over.

If it is, then I would just stick with Plays-for-Sure devices. The Zen is one, right? Or maybe it's not, but iTunes like to lock everyone else out by using it's own type of file.

itunes only locks music down in the sense that u cant EXPORT music from you ipod, other than that you can put any file type of music you want, itll get converted to AAC or MP3 depending on your choice

and way to buy into corporate propoganda (points to play-for-sure crap)
Quote by nt1440
itunes only locks music down in the sense that u cant EXPORT music from you ipod, other than that you can put any file type of music you want, itll get converted to AAC or MP3 depending on your choice

and way to buy into corporate propoganda (points to play-for-sure crap)

Well iTunes can't play WMA, and I don't know how he gets his music, he didn't say. I konw a lot of music stores sell their music as protected WMAs or whatever other file, and you can't convert it. So if all his music is unprotected, then there's no problem, but I don't know if it is.

And also, I use an iPod. I don't buy into any propaganda, be it Apple's, Microsoft's, or whoevers. I just said that meaning "get another player that works with the same program" assuming it was Windows Media Player.
So yeah, does anyone else have any other advice or other players that i should check out?
Get a Zune 80. It has a much nicer screen and interface, and comes with premium in-ear headphones.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Well iTunes can't play WMA, and I don't know how he gets his music, he didn't say. I konw a lot of music stores sell their music as protected WMAs or whatever other file, and you can't convert it. So if all his music is unprotected, then there's no problem, but I don't know if it is.

And also, I use an iPod. I don't buy into any propaganda, be it Apple's, Microsoft's, or whoevers. I just said that meaning "get another player that works with the same program" assuming it was Windows Media Player.

...wma is convertable in itunes, i do it all the time
A Zune is too expensive also i wouldnt need the headphones i have a good set of Creative in ear ones so yeah ... :P

Cjb Scotland
Quote by Cjb Scotland
A Zune is too expensive also i wouldnt need the headphones i have a good set of Creative in ear ones so yeah ... :P

Cjb Scotland

It costs the same as an iPod 80gb...

Zunes own, I have a 30gb one.
^Not the Plays-for-sure DRM-ed variety of WMA. There's probably some kind of sketchy freeware that can strip the DRM out there though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
In Scotland they aint the same price actually I don't think they are even available to here.
Quote by Cjb Scotland
Hmm yeah all these are good points and yeah the files that the Zen can support are great. However, Zen are no longer making Hard-Disk players but instead are focussing on flash drives now this brings the problem of storage because flash cannot hold that much. So that is why i was looking towards the Ipod but if anyone else has suggestions for a good player that is 80GBs and is £160 then i will consider it

Cjb Scotland

But their new flash player holds 32 gb now...
Quote by Wayward_Son
^Not the Plays-for-sure DRM-ed variety of WMA. There's probably some kind of sketchy freeware that can strip the DRM out there though.

Nah. Just "obtain" SoundTaxi and it works perfectly.

EDIT: oops not SongBeat, thats a different program.
Quote by Wayward_Son

does matter? everyone knows that DRM is dead, thanks in large part to
Apple

thank you apple!

now if Steve Jobs could kill the RIAA we would have a new candidate for god
Yeah i know it does Llamo but i really dont want to pay too much for one because i think they are quite expensive £200 also i really dont want just 32GBs because i know i will fill that in no time with the music collection i have the now, it would only be another 3GBs of space that i could use which for me would it would make it pointless to buy it. Thanks for the idea though

Cjb Scotland
i <3 my 80GB

I make sweet love to it.....
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
got my 80gb classic on wednesday, replaced my previous 30gb ipod. i love it, the silver color is gorgeous
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X