Page 1 of 24
I kinda got this idea after listening to the Roadrunner United sesions, and I thought it'd be cool if the metal forum here did a similar thing. I know this should probably be in the original recordings forum, but I specifically wanted to see if the metal musicians of UG were interested. If you have any riffs, solos, vocals, bass riffs, drums whatever, just post in this thread saying that you're interested, and we'll work something out.

Track 1
Vocals: VACANT
Rhythm Guitar: Nebraskan
Lead Guitar: Kepulix
Bass: wintee_madness
Drums: VACANT

Doom Track
Vocals: webbtje
Rhythm Guitar:webbtje
Lead Guitar: Mr.President
Bass: EvilWeevil
Synth: Magero

Groove/Thrash Track
Vocals: Renka
Guitar 1: Zaphod_Beeblebr
Guitar 2: Renka
Bass: Vacant
Drums: GoodCharloteSux

"Men Become Gods" Black Metal Track
Vocals: VACANT/whirleygig
Rhythm Guitar: whalepudding
Bass: Mudvayne_4_Life/Zaphod_Beeblebr
Drums:VACANT

Power Metal Track
Vocals: flame843
Rhythm Guitar: VACANT/Kepulix
Lead Guitar: Kepulix
Bass: ever dying
Drums: Kepulix

Oldschool DM Track
Vocals: Stranglehold (not 100% certain though)
Rythm Guitar: Guitarmike123
Leadguitar: Annihilator666
Bass: VACANT

Progressive Metal Track
Vocals: Necrolust (clean)
Vocals: Necrolust (growls)
Lyrics: Duncang
Lead Guitar: ...RedDeath9 & Guitar_Dan_666
Rhythm Guitar: Guitar_Dan_666 & RedDeath9
Bass: BadBishop
Drums: Necrolust

Symphonic Black Metal Track
Vocals: VACANT
Rhythm Guitar: Guitar_Dan_666
Lead Guitar: insideac
Bass: Annihilator666
Drums:Necrolust
String parts: Magero

"88" Melodeath Track
Guitars: Delanoir (Lead),
Annihilator666 (Rhythm),
buckethead_jr (solo and overdubs)
Bass: Deliriumbassist
Vocals (growls and clean): Spynal
Drums - Necrolust
Composition/lyrics - duncang

Folk Metal Track
Rythm Guitar : *yournamehere*
Vocals : Spynal
Lead Guitar : Zaphod_Beeblebr
Bass : Zaphod_Beeblebr
Violin : Necrolust
Accordeon : Necrolust
Other crap : Necrolust
Drums : Necrolust

Heavy Metal Track
Guitars: darkstar2466/Zaphod_Beeblebr
Bass: witnee_madness
Vocals: Eladamri
Synth: VACANT

Technical Death Metal Track
Composer : Necrolust
Rythm Guitar : Necrolust unless someone wants to participate
Lead Guitar : Necrolust
Vocals : Spynal.
Drums : Necrolust
Bass : Vacant or Necrolust again.

Intrumental Track
Electric Guitars - Dyer's Eve
Acoustic (Steel) - Zaphod_Beeblebr
Acoustic (Nylon) -
Bass -
Keys/Atmosphere -
Drums -

*Magero has also offered to do synths for anyone who wants them for a track*
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Last edited by Rhyan_EG at Mar 3, 2008,
^I hope you are, I just listened to some of your stuff!
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Okay, cool. Also if you could put what instrument(s) you play, that'd be good too.
Quote by severed-metal

Thanks guys! If you have any song ideas/riffs, post a link or send them to me, if it's not too much trouble.

tehbensonzorz and Annihilator, if you could do vocals as well for a song or two, that'd be great!
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by tehbensonzorz
i dont mean like a falsetto singing, i mean like a UAAAAAAAAAUUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAHH

(like old school Slayer, like on Show No Mercy)

Yeah, that's what I figured, and it's cool.

Also, welcome aboard RedDeath!
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Dust_and_Guilt
I might be able to record some riffs tomorrow.

That'd be great, thanks a lot man!
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Annihilator666
For vocals, I can do some lower growls, as well as some higher ones,
I'm working on my black metal vocals, and I can also do some piq squeals if nessecary.

I'm also going to start on a song for this shortly, i'll post it when im done.

Perfect dude, also if anyone wants some lyrics to do vocals for, I've got some in storage.
Quote by severed-metal

I'm best at drums, but I can write some good guitar and bass stuff too .
I'm game for writing a song about A Song of Ice and Fire...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Good idea. something fresh and interesting that the forum will find interest in, to make something creative and fun together. I hope everyone in this will talk about everything, agree on everything, and make some good music.

Needles to say, but original songs only, yes?

Help each other out with recordings and ideas.

I'll sticky this for you. =)
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Neat^
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
I think we should work this out, one song at a time. So, anyone who wants to volunteer for the first track, just post what instrument you play and then send me what you've recorded. Also, don't forget to send everybody else who's working on the track a copy of what you've recorded first. It seems logical to me to start with a guitar riff(s) and then work from that.

Track 1: Title Pending
Vocals:
Rhythm Guitar: Nebraskan
Lead Guitar:
Bass:
Drums:
Quote by severed-metal

Last edited by Rhyan_EG at Mar 1, 2008,
Dibs on rhythm!
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
^ Okay, I'll put you down for it. Just send me your riffs when you've got something.

Email seems to be the best way for this, so my email is metallica_awesome@hotmail.com.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Scourge441
I'd join in if I could record.

+1
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Yeah, I can't record either... sucks ass...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
More than willing to provide rhythm guitar for something. Melodeath (or anything that sounds like my original songs) ideally

I can do an Araya impression too. Think what he sounds like on God Hates us All.
Quote by webbtje
More than willing to provide rhythm guitar for something. Melodeath (or anything that sounds like my original songs) ideally

I can do an Araya impression too. Think what he sounds like on God Hates us All.

Sweet, can I put you down for vocals for the first track?
Quote by severed-metal

I can do vocals, if you're really desperate (or if someone wants to do a goregrind/deathgrind, or black metal type song) I could do guitars. I can program drums too.

As far as vocals go, I can do death metal growls (think Cannibal Corpse and Decide), black metal screechy vocals (think Darkthrone) or high pitched/frantic screams (Converge, Orchid, some grindcore).
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Sweet, can I put you down for vocals for the first track?

Can certainly try. Recording could be tricky.

Whack me on reserve or something. Actually, maybe make my contributions to Track 2 instead? Just so I can get my act together... and actually check if I can really do vocals, as I've yet to have anything recorded
Quote by webbtje
Can certainly try. Recording could be tricky.

Whack me on reserve or something. Actually, maybe make my contributions to Track 2 instead? Just so I can get my act together... and actually check if I can really do vocals, as I've yet to have anything recorded

Okay, sounds good. So, StabYou, I guess I'll put you down for vocals then.
Quote by severed-metal

Nice. Keep me posted.

I'll see if I can come up with a few riffs for ya for song 2. Does everyone have Guitar Pro?
No, you're my bassist

OK, we'll need to agree on tunings and style of metal for track 2. But that can wait a bit.
Quote by webbtje
No, you're my bassist

OK, we'll need to agree on tunings and style of metal for track 2. But that can wait a bit.

Well, you guys could still discuss that stuff. Maybe we'll try going for two songs at once?
Quote by severed-metal

OK then. I'll assume EvilWeevil is my bassist, as we can write stuff together, and we'd be in the same tuning. As for drums, lead and stuff, we'll see how it goes.

Gladly accept volunteers (hinty hint?)