I live in a small town with not that many people or places to get jobs. so i went to apply for a job at our local supermarket, which many kids my age do, i put in a application and rang to ask them if i could get some work, they said they haven't got any work as they already have to much staff. this was after my mates who both work there say go for it cause they are looking for people.

I didn't really think much of it, and realized that it was probably cause of my long hair, which i didn't really wanna get cut at the time. so then, about 6 months later after i cut my hair and cleaned myself up i went down and put in another application, this time going straight to them and asking for some work, in which case they said they have to many people and they'll call me if any positions need to be filled, so i thought ok then thats fair enough they have to much people i doesn't matter i'll try next time. after about 2 months with no call, my mum came to me today and told me that they are putting heaps of people on and i should ring again ask them for work. so i rang up, putting on the most well mannered voice and asked for a job, the same guy who everyone tells me to go to says he isn't in charge of the employing, bull**** he isn't. so i told him my application is in and asked if i should ring again on monday, and before i could even finish my sentence he hangs up on me. so who are they to say to me that there is no work, i'm 16 years old and they are putting on 12-13 year olds who still play with ****ing action figures for godsake, right after i asked for a job.

so i ask you UG why the **** can't i get a goddamn job

P.S there is no we're else to go in this ****ty ****ing town, so i kinda have no other choice

EDIT: there should really be a purpose to this rant, so what ridiculous things have the people of UG got turned down from?
[url="http://www.myspace.com/luxterna91]...And Now The Descent
Quote by clincher09
"I like maceroni and cheese" "Yeah well it's not as good as Tool. Did I ever tell you guys about Tool? Lateralus is the best thing ever."
Last edited by invisiblekid123 at Feb 29, 2008,
Are you..... you know... black?\

edit: nvm. you're not. I'm stumped.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
i was having that too

so i applied at the IRS, got fingerprinted today
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Well, I don't think they can hire you if you're invisible...

But maybe the guy there is just an asshole?
Quote by FireandFlames
Well, I don't think they can hire you if you're invisible...

But maybe the guy there is just an asshole?

yeh now i know he is an asshole, but all my friends (even my mate with long hair and crappy colour in it) got a job there.
Quote by clincher09
"I like maceroni and cheese" "Yeah well it's not as good as Tool. Did I ever tell you guys about Tool? Lateralus is the best thing ever."
I got turned down by Tescos and Budgens garage, and yet last week I got a job at an insurance company. So I really don't know what the process is, but just keep looking man and something is sure to come up.

there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Chikitty_China

I was gonna ask the same question...
You have cut your hair to get a job?!

Excuse me but you fail at life.

JK... where you from?
I'm in a similar situation. It sucks. To be honest I don't really know how it works and what the solution would be, but keep trying, man.
start hookin?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Working at a supermarket sucks anyway, I did it for a month. Crooked bastards!

Best job I ever had was at a lumberyard. Good pay considering I was still in high school and I had a great manager. Me and my coworkers had a lot of fun in that warehouse.

What I hate now is that just about any chain store I go to looking for temporary work you have to apply online- Target, Sports Authority, Best Buy, Home Depot etc and they all have these stupid quizzes that have nothing to do with the actual work, they're like personality tests. Maybe I'm failing those damn quizzes because I never got a response from any place I applied to online, when I'm 100% sure that any of those places would have taken me if I could have just seen somebody in the store to ask for a job.

The most irritating failure to get a job was at Guitar Center. They had openings at the accessories counter and I asked in-store for a job and all the workers (who I've gotten to know pretty well) are like yeah sure, but you have to apply online. I did so and never got a response, went in a few weeks later and I was rung up by the guy that got the job. He was an idiot who had no business even being in a music store. If I didn't have to go through that online application bull**** I'd have an enjoyable job at Guitar Center, and Guitar Center would have a competent employee at the accessories counter.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I'm in the same boat, and it's horrible. It takes all your self esteem away.
Quote by Time Bomb
You have cut your hair to get a job?!

Excuse me but you fail at life.

JK... where you from?

no i got it cut just cause i wanted to, but this whole job thing have been going on for almost a year
Quote by clincher09
your probably ugly and haven't realized yet
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
I can't get a job.
Most places it's silly for me to look because I'd be asked to remove my piercings.

Will I? No.
No I will not.

So I have to be patient
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Chikitty_China

E-ethnicly, I mean, did, what, uhhm. I mean, wa-was he, like u-us or...
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
A place isn't just going to give you a ****ing job just because you want it. If you want a job you need to go to EVERY place in your town, hiring or not, and put in an application. That what I've always done and I've never had a hard time.

Just got a job tossing salads for 8 bucks an hour. Not the sexual way, the lettuce way.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I can't get a job.
Most places it's silly for me to look because I'd be asked to remove my piercings.

Will I? No.
No I will not.

So I have to be patient

yeah, i'm not changing my appearance for some ****house job anyway, i guess they just don't a 16 year old with a full grown goatie and side-burns
Quote by clincher09
Last edited by invisiblekid123 at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by invisiblekid123
yeah, i'm not changing my appearance for some ****house job anyway, i guess they just don't a 16 year old with a full grown goatie and side-burns

It's not fair to say 'oh you look like that therefore can't work here' as if the job would be done any less well than by someone who looked 'normal'.

Bah humbug.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
.....dole?

think of it as an early tax rebate
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
How about going to other places than the one supermarket every time?
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Quote by BrokenBricks

Just got a job tossing salads for 8 bucks an hour. Not the sexual way, the lettuce way.

Imagine getting double or triple that, the sexual way
Click here

Quote by invisiblekid123
blaa blaa blaaa

You probably can't get a job because of

a) your attitude
b) your personal appearance
c) your immaturity
d) being a small town it could even be your reputation

no-ones going to hire an attitude ridden, scruffy looking, immature, inexperienced kid. Employment isn't a right, kiddo.
Quote by teegman
You probably can't get a job because of

a) your attitude
b) your personal appearance
c) your immaturity
d) being a small town it could even be your reputation

no-ones going to hire an attitude ridden, scruffy looking, immature,inexperienced kid. Employment isn't a right, kiddo.

How do you get experience if you aren't given a first job?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
2 words.
sperm donor.
but you have to be tall, good looking, and have a degree. so scratch that.
but still, they can make more than $1,000 a month!
there gonna be a hellofa lotta lil' WaggyPlankUSA's runnin around when i graduate!
don't feel to bad, I'm in my 20's with a good bit of work experience and I couldn't find a job for like 6 months and I had to apply at about 70 different places.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
set fire to the place. or kill off a few employees to make room for yourself (both ways I've found to be handy in finding a job).
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
you have to apply like at least once a week. be persistent. force them to shut you up and hire you.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by BrokenBricks
A place isn't just going to give you a ****ing job just because you want it. If you want a job you need to go to EVERY place in your town, hiring or not, and put in an application. That what I've always done and I've never had a hard time.

I agree. Id rather get paid doing something I dont really like than sit at home doing nothing and making squat.
Just apply EVERYWHERE that you are interested in and go with the company/chain you like the most.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
How do you get experience if you aren't given a first job?

You don't.

This is why you have to drop any kind of attitude and be willing to suck a blind vicars **** to get that first job and the experience that comes along with it.
Quote by invisiblekid123

Your goatee makes you look like a homeless drunk. I wouldn't wanna be served by a homeless drunk. Therefore, I would not want to hire someone who looks like one.
maybe you talk too much
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
You could always try the prostitution business.

There's still a market for that, even in small towns. Actually, especially in small towns.

We sort of had the same situation here.... Then Menard's came.

Just another thing to add to the list of why I worship Menard's...

1. They sell Marshmallow Matey's there.
2. During the Grand Opening, the workers will stop doing their job and run off to find you balloons.
3. They save the kiddies from selling their bodies for sex.

All hail Menard's... The best thing to happen to my town since K-Mart shut down.
Last edited by ThisChickRocks at Mar 1, 2008,