Would it be a really huge mistake to drill a hole for a mini-switch straight into my guitar? I want a series-single-parallel switch just behind the pup selector, but I don't know if it'll **** up the front of the guitar by drilling into it.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Quote by rednightmare
Would it be a really huge mistake to drill a hole for a mini-switch straight into my guitar? I want a series-single-parallel switch just behind the pup selector, but I don't know if it'll **** up the front of the guitar by drilling into it.

Pointless question, when put like that.
What is your guitar?
Does it have collector value?
Will the addition of a switch reduce that?
Do you have room in the cavity behind that?
Is it on a pickguard you can get a replacement for, and drill that, instead?

No offense man, but your OP is Hoover-ish.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I don't know what OP is so no offense taken . I simply want to know if I will be able to make a clean hole by drilling straight into the front of the guitar without damaging the finish or the body (apart from the hole that I've just drilled obviously).
if you put tape around the place where you are drilling, it will help prevent the finish from cracking.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Any specific type of tape? I presume duct tape would be best.
ive done it with scotch tape, but pretty much any tape will work
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by rednightmare
Any specific type of tape? I presume duct tape would be best.

don't do duct tape! that might hurt the finish by itself, but I'd assume painters masking tape, maybe layer it.
You people have a duct tape fetish. Ductape is more likely to screw your finish up than help it by leaving crap on it you'll need to scrub off with nail polish remover. Electrical tape is much better. But drilling should not damage the finish. Tape won't save you if you are rough/clueless and it takes a chip out of the wood. And answer SYK's question; what is the guitar?
Duct tape is not the answer this time. I'd recommend painter's tape. That's what I'd use.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
It's nothing special, just a Vintage copy of a Musicman Van Halen (which my dad takes the p*ss out of me for). Another question while I'm here, is there really gonna be much difference between the sounds I'll get from this switch? Especially between single and parallell humbucking, as the DiMarzio leaflet says they both make it brighter and cleaner, but one is humbucking. Would I be better off with a push-pull between series and parallell, or humbucking and single?