Listen and fellate.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=19596

For you forum lurkers and BM n00bs who have been put-off and held back from black metal by the generic crappy-sounding Darkthrone rip-off bands you've been listening to...this is the answer to any and all doubts you have about the genre.

Urfaust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everythang
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
wut...there's no WAY IN HELL I made this thread in February.

Anyway, listen to this band you fagets. There needs to be more interesting activity on the front page.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Yea good band, interesting vocals, nice atmosphere, production contributes to the atmosphere. Been listening to them for about 4 years and they used to be pretty big on here
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
VNG > Geist ist Teufel

but yeah they are one of my favorite BM bands along with Blut Aus Nord and Enslaved....
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Well I can't say I enjoy your other two favourites, and I would have to say GIT > VNG >UVS
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I've had Geist Ist Teufel on my comp for ages and listened to it couple of times

interesting band, but there's better bm out there imo
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

The break on Auszug Aller Todlich.. is creeeepy. and yea, i like the clean vocals a lot better than those shrieks, they sound too much like vargs
I just received the new split with Joyless today. It's ****ing amazing. I wish Urfaust would quit releasing albums/splits with just one or two songs on them though. It's getting expensive and the excitement only lasts about a week.

This topic is pretty old, so I'll mention how great Drei Rituale Jenseits Des Kosmos is too. The second track is a post-BM highlight for me.
- Celtic folk metal | - Folk metal | - Folk Metal label/Distro
Quote by jaaaaa

This topic is pretty old, so I'll mention how great Drei Rituale Jenseits Des Kosmos is too. The second track is a post-BM highlight for me.

The first and last tracks on that are utterly amazing work.

So... strange...
My drummer was telling me about these guys, thanks for reminding me to check 'em out.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Urfaust have always been strange. I had no idea they had a new split and EP out this year, I suppose I should check them out.

Personally, I can't get enough of Geist ist Teufel. The title track and the outro are just so astounding.
I can't get a hold of the new EP. The label doesn't even seem to be selling it in their store, which is odd, considering the split with Joyless is there. Oh well.
- Celtic folk metal | - Folk metal | - Folk Metal label/Distro
Have any of you asswaffles even listened to Urfaust's latest album? At first I did not like it nearly as much as Geist ist Teufel, but listening to it right now while making breakfast is glorious; it's like some drunken gregorian chant ritual filled with cannabis, droning hypnotism, and shamanism. Throw in a bit of Joy Division, and serve cold.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Der Freiwillige Bettler is easily my favorite Urfaust record. Not to say the others aren't good-great, but the newest is fantastic.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Can't fellate this enough. Sounds great on wax or live. Not a single piece of theirs I don't enjoy. Textural listening at some of its finest.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I really enjoy how the music creates space for thought. It has a background music quality in that regard, but doesn't operate like passive music. It feels more meditative, with the exception of a few tracks which juxtapose the overall meditation feel I find within Geist Ist Teuful. I only use that as an example since it's my most listened to out of Urfaust releases.

Hypothetical situations dependent, my favourite track isn't even on Geist... :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy4I6pxMefY

Some of my favourite music in existence.
Quote by severed-metal
https://soundcloud.com/v-n-records/urfaust-apparitions

New Urfaust. I enjoyed very much so.

why am I only learning about this now?

Urfaust is that band that sounds like they're the actual apparition the song is about.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Jan 21, 2015,
Anyone else got the new LP on preorder? I'm anticipating this greatly. Apparitions was very solid but I have hopes for this one doing even better.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I enjoyed Apparitions a lot. Brilliant Urfaust release. The last release I know about was the one with the sea and gnome on it, can't remember the name. Didn't know he had new stuff coming out.

Teaser was good. Liked it. His vocals are unique enough and have a level of dynamics I don't hear with other bands, definitely my favourite part of his music. Imagery is class.
I avoided the teaser but pre-ordered the LP. Artwork is ace. I dug the title track from Apparitions the most. Quintessential Urfaust. I feel like The River doesn't stand up to the similar closer of Geist but I don't skip it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Kepulix
I've had Geist Ist Teufel on my comp for ages and listened to it couple of times

interesting band, but there's better bm out there imo
Oh to be young, naive and stupid. Classifying Urfaust simply as black metal is completely wrong. While the metal songs on Geist aren't my favourites, the ambient ones are great.

Der Freiwillige Bettler is definitely my pick from Urfaust though. Incredible atmosphere that I haven't found elsewhere in similar form. Calling it powerful is to put it mildly. Ritual Music compilation comes in second, but it's not as coherent (for obvious reasons). Urfaust is top class.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

We've all been young, dumb and full of cumb, Kep. But Geist not having stellar Metal tracks? Agh, mi corazon. They are ace. Such a lo fi magic of a sound. I couldn't pick a favorite Urfaust album for lack of want and that they are such individual entities.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I avoided the teaser but pre-ordered the LP. Artwork is ace. I dug the title track from Apparitions the most. Quintessential Urfaust. I feel like The River doesn't stand up to the similar closer of Geist but I don't skip it.

Completely agreed on River vs Geist. Outro is beautiful for its introspective qualities, as I feel that's the nature of ambient. River was a nice ending to the album, but I felt Outro had a better build-up and context to its delivery. That being said, I think The River perfectly suits Apparitions. Just I prefer Geist overall.

I am curious where IX got his inspiration for Geist ist Teuful, because it has some really strangely upbeat moments (Die Kalte) throughout that don't fit into black metal but seem like they draw from punk or folk songs.
severed-metal Frankly I enjoyed it more than a number of other recent releases Urfaust put. Echoes very much the spirit of their earlier recordings, but with a more experienced touch.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This next one is likely to be put right under Geist from what I've heard so far. Can't wait for the entirety of it. Fuck.

Be tempted! Listen!
Very nice; I like hearing their albums as a whole to get the proper context, but this is very promising.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM