Page 1 of 2
alright i know this has been done a few times, but i felt like making this thread again. alright so what is your favorite song to play and why?
for me its thunderstruck because it sounds awsome and is very easy to play, but still impresses people
I like Thundehorse for the same reason, even though the parts before the verse riff is pretty tough
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
For me, i think it would have to be Justice in Murder by Coheed and cambria, one of their new songs. The intro is awesome, and the verse fills are pretty fun and easy. But, I am gonna learn Dr. Feelgood, or most of it, so that should be pretty fun as well.
Crazy train by far! - Ozzy Osborne

then maybe the joker, thief, and the knight Wolf Mother
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Alive- Pearl Jam

Damn, that's a great song...
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
My fav is like light to the flies by Trivium. Its really fast and agressive and as long as you have a reasonable picking technique you will find the majority of the song pretty easy. The solo is not too bad, i can play parts of it but not the whole thing. Also holy wars the punishment due by Megadeth because it is again pretty simple if you have a good picking technique and it sound a bit more complicated than it actuall is
One of these 3:

Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (& Randy Rhoads, good god NOT Zakk Wylde)
One - Metallica
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
"Don't Take Me Alive" by Steely Dan.
If you can play Larry Carlton's solo from "Kid Charlemagne" note-for-note (properly), you can walk around with a sign reading "badass" around your neck. You are not allowed to capitalize the B unless you actually are Larry "Mr. 335" Carlton.
I don't think I can pick just one.

Crazy Train(Ozzy) - Easy, fun as hell, an amazing song
Betterman(Pearl Jam) - Just a very beautiful song, for a while I had no idea it was PJ
Paganini's 24th Caprice(well the parts I can play anyway) - Paganini is my favorite composer ever and I love this particular piece of work
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
ist all over by three days grace: its so easy and it sounds so cool when i play it
back in black - ac/dc
american woman - lenny kravitz
crazy train - ozzy o.
smells like teen spirit - nirvana
sharp dressed man - zz top

etc.
It's all about feel
god these songs are always so mainstream.... no one ever listens to the good old grunge days except for the guy that said pearl jam and the guy that said teen spirit... i was expectin smoke on the water to pop up soon

favorite songs to play:

Nirvana - Big Cheese, In Bloom, If You Must, Marigold, Aneurysm, Molly's Lips, Breed, Negative Creep, Heart SHaped Box, Rape Me, Serve The Servants, On A Plain(I'm a kurt-aholic by the way XD)
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven
Soundgarden - anything from Superunknown
Mudhoney -Touch Me I'm Sick
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song, Plush, Crackerman, Sex Type Thing,
Velvet Revolver- Slither

blah blah blah blah blah etc. stuff like that

Equip

Guitars

Epiphone SG
Fender Strat (94 sunburst)
Fender Jag-Stag (cherry red with white pickguard ...hard as hell to find)
Fender crap acoustic
Ovation Celebrity GC 057

Amps
Line 6 Spider III
Ibanez something

Pedals
Boss Distortion
Boss Chorus
Boss Metal Zone
CryBaby Slash Wah
well its pretty hard to choose which i one i like playing the most but lately ive been playing crystal mountian by death ALOT
pink panther or inspector gadget themes.

EDIT:

YYZ!!!!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I like to play Thunderstruck because its easy to play and impresses people easy, haha. But personally, my favorites are Liberate by Slipknot and Killing in the Name by RATM.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Queen -- Bohemian Rhapsody.. a nice sweet tone for hte first solo, then an awesome head banging riff at the end
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
right now mine wold be whitewash by bucket head even though im still learning it but what i know so far i love to play (also artly caus ei have just discovered the world of buckethead too)
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
Heartbreaker... but i need to work on solo... but i love the riff.. very easy and its always fun doing the bends during the solo...
at the moment, grab thy hand by chevelle and bottom by tool
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by BGrem261
Heartbreaker... but i need to work on solo... but i love the riff.. very easy and its always fun doing the bends during the solo...

+1
At the moment:

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'n' Roses

I think the chorus is really catchy which makes it enjoyable to play.
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
Really fun to play, I can do the whole thing, as well as a simpler version of the solo that I arranged myself (it isn't improvved, I just took a few notes out, as if I were playing the solo on Guitar Hero Hard and the rest of the song on Expert).
It really impresses people and makes me happy. The solo still pretty much sounds the same, I just took out a lot of the chromatic stuff but you still have all the important notes and it flows great.

Kryptonite - Three Doors Down
A little bit of an easier song, but still really fun.

I plan on playing both of these at my first gig, whenever it is. And by then, I will probably be good enough to make the Beast and the Harlot solo Harder.
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
I lurv Enter Sandman by Metallica. It sounds dark and feels really cool, and it just sort of... flows.
Fade to Black - Metallica. Especially the solo, I just can't stop playing it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
god these songs are always so mainstream.... no one ever listens to the good old grunge days except for the guy that said pearl jam and the guy that said teen spirit... i was expectin smoke on the water to pop up soon

favorite songs to play:

Nirvana - Big Cheese, In Bloom, If You Must, Marigold, Aneurysm, Molly's Lips, Breed, Negative Creep, Heart SHaped Box, Rape Me, Serve The Servants, On A Plain(I'm a kurt-aholic by the way XD)
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven
Soundgarden - anything from Superunknown
Mudhoney -Touch Me I'm Sick
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song, Plush, Crackerman, Sex Type Thing,
Velvet Revolver- Slither

blah blah blah blah blah etc. stuff like that

and none of this is considered mainstream music?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I love playing "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage and Rose of Sharyn. Old school Metallica never gets boring to play. I also just learned EVH's "Eruption" which is still a bit rusty since I only got a few days into it but once you get the gist of it it's a very fun solo to play. If I feel like tuning down my guitar "The Nameless" by Slipknot is also a fun cool sounding song to play.
Prob Stairway to heaven
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
i was just waiting for that...

Anyway, i dont know why, but "laid to Rest" never gets old, no matter how easy it gets
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Page 1 of 2