Ok well I need a good distortion pedal...Im playing my crappy strat through a even more crappier amp...I will eventually replace the amp but that will be later down the road when i get more money. I mainly play bands like, three days grace, sugarcult, funeral for a friend, subways, yellowcard bands like that. My amp is a SS amp and i only have a DS-1...Im not happy with it and i wanna know what DS/OD pedal i should get.
What kind of amp/guitar you play?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
If you can shell out $150 for one, id get a Jekyll and Hyde pedal by Visual Sound. It has both OD and Distortion, so you have alot of flexability, which it looks like you need.
Well, I'd recommend getting another amp for improved tone. A nice distortion pedal going into a crappy amp will still probably be bad sounding.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by aaronjk0406
more crappier

fail.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
new amp is the way to go. dont waste your money on pedals for your SS. youre just going to waste alot of money trying to find that "tone" and youll never find it.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Epiphone valve jr combo
peavey valveking royal 8
palomino v8
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE