or Stalaagh or Stalgha or whatever. my youtube isnt working and Im kinda partially afraid to listen to it alone. But I guess I dont really understand what it is.
supposedly its mental patients screaming.
Up the Punx!
Ick, sounds disturbing.. and life-scarring..
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
its pretty frickin crazy, kinda scary, and yes very disturbing.
I got a sense of complete sdiscomfort when I listen to it.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by clancy256
creepy

i've heard from some people that it sounds like people on a rollercoaster, so you'll have to listen and see for yourself
Up the Punx!
i have heard it set to a bunch of supposed paintings of skulls and death from them. kinda creepy.
Quote by RedDeath9
It's Stalaggh.

They're a noise/ambient/black metal band.

Yup.

Pretty interesting stuff, although it's not the kind of music you can just pop in the CD player and listen to...you sort of need to be in the right mindset. Kind of like when you watch that Old Greg video on Youtube or whatever.

Terrible comparison, but you get my point. rofl.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by dustinrhocks4
its pretty frickin crazy, kinda scary, and yes very disturbing.
I got a sense of complete sdiscomfort when I listen to it.

well what IS it???
Apparently, it's mental patients screaming, and you can hear riffage in between screams. Pretty discomforting.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by FloubasFlemanca
well what IS it???

check my post.
Up the Punx!
Quote by FloubasFlemanca
well what IS it???

Err...We sort of just told you. To put it really simply, Stalaggh are a black metal/ambient group whose members are unknown and who reportedly use mental patients in their music.

The sound itself is really, really abrasive. Some would say the mental patient aspect is a bit gimmicky, but because the members of the group are unknown, and real Stalaggh albums themselves are basically impossible to find, I'd say that the idea of them using the mental patients for a gimmick is a load of shit.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
dude just listen to it, its not that scary just really discomforting
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
pretty boring, Is that like the only thing they've done, or do they have other songs?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by tehbensonzorz
but its still fucking stupid.

Naw. It's genius. The fact that they have found a sound that disturbs/produces discomfort to almost everyone who listens to it is a sure sign of win.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Just listened to is on myspace - it's some nasty ****, but good at the same time.

They are sick fucks though, or attention seekers, or both from the interview I just read from them -

Metal Maniacs - Anything else you'd like to add?

Stalaggh - Buy our releases and support us, but bear in mind : You are not supporting a band, you are not supporting a style of music; you are supporting an ideology in favour of human suffering, hate and global holocaust and we encourage everyone to take part in that.

Jesus...
There is poetry in despair.
That **** is ****ed up. Not sure I buy it. How the **** do you just walk in with recording gear, sit down, and let mental patients have at it? What the **** is even meant by "mental patient"? That term is so vague. How could they remain anonymous if they actually did that? The people that let them into the hospital would obviously have seen them, there would be a record, and how many people go to an insane asylum and record **** like that?

I don't trust it yet.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Dvnc
i've heard from some people that it sounds like people on a rollercoaster, so you'll have to listen and see for yourself

i dont wanna

its kinda strange...definitely wouldnt want to listen to that stoned
I definately heard several cats burning in microwave ovens when I listened to that.

don't ask.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
I listened to a little bit. It scared me for a little bit, but then it just got pretty discomforting.

Quote by SealCubMassacre
Am I messed up for finding this music somewhat relaxing?

It's interesting stuff.

Same, having listened to them quite bit now (at least what's on youtube) their music's almost taken on a soothing quality with me, and that scares the hell out of me.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I'm listening to it right now and I really don't believe there's any truth to the mental patient claim.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself