How do you take a Scale like the C Scale into a song or rythem?
Sequoia Christian
I just jump all around until I find something that sounds half way decent then I try to think of a good rhythm for it... It's kind of random... Other times when I'm really having troubles I'll bust out the MIDI keyboard with my computer and try something on that.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
what do you mean like apply the scale as a key to make a progressiion of chords?
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
what do you mean like apply the scale as a key to make a progressiion of chords?

yeah, exactly
Sequoia Christian
for Cmaj you would use any chord in that scale

ei CDEFGAB keeping C as the tonal center

the progresion reallly determines what key your playing in
song stuck in my head today

To make the chord progression from C Major you should look at the inclusive notes and include those notes in every chord you play.

C D E F G A B C

C Major is comprised of C, E and G, so C Major can be used.

D Major is comprised of D, F# and A, so it can not be used, however, D Minor is comprised of D, F and A, so it can be used.

Continue in this pattern and you eventually come to this basic rule of chords when using the Major Scale.

Major
minor
minor
Major
Major
minor
Diminished

Check it out with those notes and a piece of paper, works in every major scale. Generally working in those seven chords is considered the best way to go.

When you see progressions talking about ii - V - iii as an example it's just roman numerals to say which chord it is from the root, e.g. C Major is the first, F Major the fourth.