I'm wanting to buy a delay pedal. I heard that the Digitech Digidelay is as good as a Boss DD-6, and costs less. However I also saw the boss DD-20, and was considering that as well. But then I started thinking that maybe 23 seconds of delay is overkill, even though it would be something cool to have.

I just want some simple echo effects. The whammy stuff at the beginning of Cemetery Gates is a good example of what I'm looking for. I don't know what else to use as an example, but basically I want to be able to have an echo effect.

For reverb I just use the tank on my amp.
Last edited by ketiov at Feb 29, 2008,
THe DD6 is a really good pedal considering all the features. The hold function alone is excellent because you can loop things over each other infinitely.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by sg622
line 6 DL4
or EHX Memory man with hazarai

As much as something like that would be awesome, I'm not sure I want to spend like $200 on a pedal that I want just for a bit of echo. Hence the thread, to see if something like these $200 are overkill for what I want.
Well, like what sort of echo? How long of one are we talking about? And do you want the signal to fade out like an echo (deteriorating a bit each time), or do you want the signal to stay strong?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Well, like what sort of echo? How long of one are we talking about? And do you want the signal to fade out like an echo (deteriorating a bit each time), or do you want the signal to stay strong?

Well like I said, 23 seconds is kind of overkill.

A fading out kind of thing would be my preference, although if I can choose between both I wouldn't complain.

I've been seeing some Digidelays for like sixty bucks. Are they really as good as the DD6?
They are not as good as the DD-6, but are better then the DD-3 IMO. Maybe a EHX #1 echo.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
dd-6 if you want tap tempo,
#1 echo if u dont need it
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
well, um, a fair number of people won't agree with me on this one, but I'm rather fond of the Danelectro PB&J delay. Under $70, has that "analog" fade to it, up to a second of delay time available. If you want more time, there's two expanded versions, one called the Dan-Echo and the other called the Reel Echo (the Reel Echo is designed as a copy of those old-style tape echo machines).

Worth looking at, in my opinion.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
For a straight up, inexpensive, nice sounding delay the #1 is great
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I've heard good stuff about the Ibanez DE-7 before but i've never used one before.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows