Page 1 of 3
Hi

I was just wondering what sorts of picks(plectrums if you may) everybody uses?
I use a medium-heavy i got with my guitar and it has a brown pearloid colour. Also how often do you change the picks you use or do you just use the first one you pick up?

(post pics if you could be bothered)
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Jazz III

Don't have to change the picks much. Actually, i've only messed up one Jazz III from the pack i bought half a year ago, and i was deliberately trying to bend it, just to see how strong it was.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
i use fender medium pearloids or dunlop big stubby 2.0s depending on the kind of music i'm playing.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Fender M/H .88mm(the Green ones). But I'm not really one to care too much of the pick I use, I just don't like the real light flimsy ones.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by SomeDude49
Jazz III

Don't have to change the picks much. Actually, i've only messed up one Jazz III from the pack i bought half a year ago, and i was deliberately trying to bend it, just to see how strong it was.

Yeah, I use those almost exclusively for electric, those things are pretty much indestructible. Super-easy to lose those, since they're so small.

I use Jazz III's for electric, Dunlop Nylon .73's for acoustic and occasionaly electric use if I'm doing some funky strumming. I also have a few thumbpicks I use a lot on acoustic, but I don't know the brand.
I use Dunlop Jazz III's and Dunlop Tortex Sharps 1.00.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
I wear down the point for some reason, otherwise perfect pick for me.

Dunlop Jazz III's cause theyre awesome
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by thebroken
Black Dunlop Jazz lll's.

Jazz III's are great for fast picking, but it sounds like you dropped your tone knob down to 4 when you play them. Don't believe me? Put your amp on clean and play....They are godly for distortion, though.

L to R: Pick my mom bought me (used to chew on), pick my bandmate gave me (used on my acoustic), pick I stole off of a guitar tech earlier today (used to test out guitars), pick I bought with my Squier (used on my guitars at home)

Amazing, no?
Last edited by RockDJ at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by Masonpwiley
Dunlop Tortex .88mm

This.

Not only are they perfect for me, but they're green, my favorite color, and they have turtles on em. You can't go wrong with turtles.
hahaah jazz III ftw! cant go faster... basically any metal or shred style stuff you cant beat it.. i expect jazz and fast blues/fusion would be well played with one of those too
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by Masonpwiley
Dunlop Tortex .88mm

ZING! Same here. I like the full size ones for acoustic, but the mini ones (more teardrop shaped, but with the same end curve) for electric.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I use Dunlop 1mm nylon picks for electric and acoustic. I have to get new picks about every 5 months though, cause I wear them down so that the picking edge looks the same as the two non-picking edges. When I first started playing I used tortex or celluloid picks, but I got tired of constantly needing new ones, cause I'd wear 'em out in a few hours. Anybody else do this?
i also use dunlop 1mm nylons. they kick ass, last forever, and grip crazy well.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I use a Dunlop 3.0mm purple bass pick....Plays faster than a Jazz III and gives you better tone/
The same pik that Alexi Laiho uses.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by Masonpwiley
I hate Fender picks, they break too easily.

Not for me I use a Heavy Fender pick I believe it's .88mm, I'm also quite rough on the strings and pick.
Quote by Paul Carbonella
Jazz III because it's good for Hybrid Picking.

You find it works well for hybrid? Finally, I was looking for someone to say this. I must try.
Quote by Tyranus-3121
same here. i use blue and purple ones

Those aren't .88 .88mm's are the green 'uns

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
You find it works well for hybrid? Finally, I was looking for someone to say this. I must try.

Yeah they really do, no crowding in the fingers
i got a green too. assumed all were .88s when i bought em, numbers worn off after playing.
Quote by conquistador

best picks evar

They sure are. I went through a phase of using the red ones (.50mm? something like that?) for rhythm work but now I just use my sexy green .88s for everything

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Yeah they really do, no crowding in the fingers

Hmmm, so would EJ's string skipping in CoD be a bit less stressful?

Btw, I use Dunlop Ultex (the ones with the rhino)
Yeah

I think he uses Jazz III's too

I switched over to the Ultex ones recently and they have more grip then the reds and blacks.
Page 1 of 3