How do you tune wothout the tuner cuz i lost my old one and my guitar is so out of tune.
you realize there is a sticky dedicated to tuning

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

heres the trick:
you hold the A fret (5) on the e string and play the a string until they sound the same. repeat his until you get to the g string. on this one you hold the 4 instead of the 5. then when youve done that get back to doing the 5th fret.

after you do this sooner or later the e standard will be second nature.
If you're talking about getting the exact pitch, you're either A) blessed with perfect pitch or good relative pitch or B) Use ****ing google and search for online guitar tuner, there are a **** load.
Ok, well the first thing to do is to get your Low E string in tune. Hopefully it will be pretty close (since its the thickest it usually takes the longest to go out of tune). If its out though, theres a few ways to get it. Tuning it to another guitar, piano or tuning fork or using an online guitar tuner are probably the best methods. If you cant find any of those then youre gonna have to guess as best you can. Try learning a song that uses the low E string (preferrably a lot). I use Come as You Are by Nirvana, the first 4 notes of that song go E E F F# all on the low E string.
Once youve got your Low E string as close as possible:

Play it at the fifth fret, then tune your open fifth string until it they sound the same.
Play the fifth string at the fifth fret, then tune your open fourth string until they sound the same.
Play the fourth string at the 5th fret, then tune your open third string until they sound the same.
Play the third string at the fourth fret, then tune your open second string until they sound the same.
Play the second string at the fifth fret, then tune your open first string until they sound the same.
Last edited by tom183 at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Hair Banger!
You can also tune with harmonics.

Yeah, first you should find a reference note, a note that you are very certain of sounding like (e.g. the note on the 5th fret of the g string) then hit a 5th fret harmonic on the tuned string then hit a 7th fret harmonic on the string below, if there's no more buzz then the two strings are tuned.
Quote by Reckoner
heres the trick:
you hold the A fret (5) on the e string and play the a string until they sound the same. repeat his until you get to the g string. on this one you hold the 4 instead of the 5. then when youve done that get back to doing the 5th fret.

What he said.
Go to google.
Search for "online guitar tuner".
Tune guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by micstarz
EAGDAE lol

EBGDAE...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com