alright, this is kinda weird. But like, i got a big ol'e 100 watt half stack & like we decided to mic up a small practice amp for my buddy.
dude, like, the small amp wasn't plugged in, and i was playing the half stack about about 3 quarters power on distortion, and the small amp was turning on. it wasn't even plugged in! what the hell? im just asking, wtf?!?!
and why!?!??!!
Make sense please.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
^they decided to mic up and old practice amp while this guy played on his 100 watt halfstack and the little practice amp powered on even though it wasn't plugged in.
was the small amp a roland micro cube?
batteries ftw
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
im sorry, its just freaky.
i should have taken a picture.
here is a clearer view

One big amp(half stack 100watter)
One small amp( 15watter)

Big amp turned up loud!!!(and plugged in)
Little amp turned on With power ****BUT NOT PLUGGED IN!!****

easy enough to understand?
it freaked the crap out of me.... i think it was the devil dude.

Maybe... just maybe.....he likes ****ty 15 watt amps.... dam, hail satan!... lol.

oh yes, and no battteries.,
it was like a DRIVE amp or w/e there called.
Last edited by blacksin01 at Feb 29, 2008,
This is a sign. Sell your 100 watt solid state half-stack...

Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by blacksin01
i need a tube man. how did you know it was solid state?

I can easily sense these things. What amp do you have? What kind of music do you play? How much do you want to spend? And do you play in a band?

Answering these questions will help me recommend a nice tube amp for you.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
This is a sign. Sell your 100 watt solid state half-stack...

Nice sensing abilities. I was just about to ask him if it was solid state or tube.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
alright, I got a fm100h, i don't really care for it much, but its holding me by, I play lots of like metal core/hardcore stuff, but i love to play some like soft stuff? idk how to explain it. i like to play ska sometimes and stuff. I have no clue how much i want to spend, but ill save up man if it will be like last amp you'll ever buy ****. and yes, i play in a band
Quote by blacksin01
alright, I got a fm100h, i don't really care for it much, but its holding me by, I play lots of like metal core/hardcore stuff, but i love to play some like soft stuff? idk how to explain it. i like to play ska sometimes and stuff. I have no clue how much i want to spend, but ill save up man if it will be like last amp you'll ever buy ****. and yes, i play in a band

used Mesa Boogie Mark III. goes for 500 to 700 $ i think. combo or head? you decide.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Thats some freaky stuff. But was it completely necessary to type out all the 'likes' (sorry it just bugs me when every other word is 'like' IRL on on the internet).

I remember when my TV would turn off by itself. I would be watching it then it shut off, there was no timer set or anything else, no other remote, so I'd turn it back on and it would shut off again, sometimes it would go on like that for a few minutes, and no it is not a cheap TV. But it has since stopped. I don't like paranormal stuff, that scares me, I don't like to taunt ghosts and stuff...Poltergeist anyone?
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I did some grunt work in recording studios many moons ago and I've seen some interesting tricks, including a speaker used as a microphone. The are essentially the same device.

Can anyone venture if there's a remote chance that the little amp's speaker was responding to the large amp like a microphone and sending voltage to the amp and causing the "disturbance?"
Quote by blacksin01

Traynor YCV50 Blue + an overdrive pedal (although it can get pretty heavy without an overdrive pedal). The Traynor is around $750 new, but you can easily find a used one for much cheaper. And for overdrive, there are many choices, and it will usually run you around $100-$150.

That would be a very versatile setup, and would easily be capable of getting all the tones you want, and more if you ever decide to start playing different genres.

thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Maybe he was using something like the Microcube with batteries and didn't realize it had batteries.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.