Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering if you guys pay for your girlfriend's ticket at the movie theater if your out on a date with her?
Quote by wozzsta
nope usuly the other way round with me

That's not very gentleman-like.

You should always pay for her, in my opinion.
Quote by C O B H C
That's not very gentleman-like.

You should always pay for her, in my opinion.

well she is my girlfreind and she works, im a skint student at uni who can just pay for his own food.
plus in the uk we dont realy do dateing, we just go out and get drunk then end up sleeping with each other
Women are equal, they can buy their own shit.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Hawk112
I was just wondering if you guys pay for your girlfriend's ticket at the movie theater if your out on a date with her?

Usually, but it depends. Same thing for dance tickets, etc.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Muphin

****ing true my freind, if they wanted the right the vote they can have the right to buy there own **** as well
Quote by wozzsta
well she is my girlfreind and she works, im a skint student at uni who can just pay for his own food.
plus in the uk we dont realy do dateing, we just go out and get drunk then end up sleeping with each other

You don't type like you're in university.

But, I guess if your financial state isn't terribly great, acceptions exceptions can be made..?
Last edited by C O B H C at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by Muphin

+1 /applaud

P.S. You sir have been sigged
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by C O B H C

But, I guess if your financial state isn't terribly great, acceptions can be made..?

I know I really don’t, my spelling is that of a 14 year old, and not a very bright one at that, but that’s what Microsoft word is for so **** it.
Plus intelligence isn’t measured by how you spell the words you use, its how you use the words you can’t spell.
Quote by wozzsta
I know I really don’t, my spelling is that of a 14 year old, and not a very bright one at that, but that’s what Microsoft word is for so **** it.
Plus intelligence isn’t measured by how you spell the words you use, its how you use the words you can’t spell.

I know, I was just messing around.

Edit:
Quote by Muphin
You don't type like you're out of grade school. It's spelled "exceptions."

I knew there was something wrong with that when I typed it. It's 12:30 AM on a Friday, give me break.
Last edited by C O B H C at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by wenwi91
how about the first date?

i don't pay women to date me.
Quote by C O B H C

But, I guess if your financial state isn't terribly great, acceptions can be made..?

You don't type like you're out of grade school. It's spelled "exceptions."
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by wozzsta
****ing true my freind, if they wanted the right the vote they can have the right to buy there own **** as well

neither of you have girlfriends I'm guessing.

I generally pay, but we have been going out for over 2 years so sometimes she takes care of it- she has loads of those free movie passes saved up from over the years.

I make sure to pay when I invite her somewhere and I always assume I will pay but if she makes a move to pay for herself I am fine with it.

I do, however, think it as common courtesy to pay for someone if you invite them somewhere and find pride in paying for my woman. I am proud knowing i can take care of her.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
I've never had a date, so I don't know.
I guess I would.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by atc228

I generally pay, but we have been going out for over 2 years so sometimes she takes care of it- she has loads of those free movie passes saved up from over the years.

I make sure to pay when I invite her somewhere and I always assume I will pay but if she makes a move to pay for herself I am fine with it.

I do, however, think it as common curtessy to pay for someone if you invite them somewhere and find pride in paying for my woman. I am proud knowing i can take care of her.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I'm interested in women who are independent and really don't need me, as I don't need a woman either. If she was short on cash I would obviously cover the fare, but I don't make a habit out of it.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by atc228

I do, however, think it as common curtessy to pay for someone if you invite them somewhere and find pride in paying for my woman. I am proud knowing i can take care of her.

that where your wrong dude, infact we reacently got engaged!
I would pay if it was one of those lame first dates in America. Americans and their dating haha.
Quote by wozzsta
that where your wrong dude, infact we reacently got engaged!

haha wow i was off! Sorry about that haha

But over all, I pay when I can and she does pay quite often. When we first started dating she wouldn't let me pay for her at all but now its almost even. I still do assume that I will be paying, offer to, and often do. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. I'm not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing, it just is.

Good Luck to you and the misses
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Last edited by atc228 at Feb 29, 2008,
Even if she insists that she buy her own, you pay for her.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I end up paying for a lot of things regardless of whether or not they're dating me, but that's because I have money and I'm a generous person. I think it's rather sexist to assume that the man must pay for the woman; seems more like a double standard/paying someone to date you than anything else.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by GeoffreySmis
both of us are always broke so no

So you're both musicians?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by atc228
haha wow i was off! Sorry about that haha

But over all, I pay when I can and she does pay quite often. When we first started dating she wouldn't let me pay for her at all but now its almost even. I still do assume that I will be paying, offer to, and often do. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. I'm not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing, it just is.

Good Luck to you and the misses

cheers mate

haha no worries, but this is the internet, and we all like to joke about stuff.
so in all seriousness, when i can afford to, i pay, but she has no problem paying for her self or me, when times are hard.
Quote by H(i)SS
you always should.

just remember that women think feminism is a good thing when it's convenient.

How true!

We usually take turns. It's not a big deal since I'm not the richest person, and she likes paying for it sometimes.
Lol at all the people that are saying stuff like "women are equal, they can pay for it themselves". We all know you would bend over for a girl if you could actually get a date.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Equal or not, I'd feel pretty bad for not paying. I'm usually paying for things when I'm with someone, date or not, so I could care less.
Usually I pay for her movie ticket. Elswhere though it just depends on who has how much money. She has a job and I don't, so she pays for stuff sometimes. But like someone above me said, I think that if you invite someone somewhere, it's good manners to at least offer to pay for them.
Back when I actually had a girlfriend I never did. I was unemployed and her parents were the type to hand her a 20 whenever she walked out the door so she ended up paying for me most of the time...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
if you invite someone somewhere you should at least offer to pay for them. and I pay for the movie ticket.
Depends on who asks, I'm no ****ing sugar daddy. If I ask her if she wants to go, then I'll pay. If she is bugging me to go then we'll split it or I pay for popcorn and she pays for tickets. It's not common courtesy, it's common sense.
yea, usually
unless they like stop me or something (its happened twice, they say it makes them feel uncomfortable)
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Page 1 of 2