Page 1 of 3
I have it. anyone know any non-prescription drug cures for it?
I've tried everything i can, i have a girlfriend i love, i have great friends, i have pretty good marks, but it just seems like something is missing, and its leaving a huge hole right in the middle of me.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Nothing CURES it. And all of the antidepressant medicine is prescription, because people are stupid and sell it. It isn't hard to get a presciption though...
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
See a doctah. They knows best ya hear.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by muse-ik
I've tried everything i can, i have a girlfriend i love, i have great friends, i have pretty good marks

Hold on.

Your pretty much have a life SO MANY depressed people would kill for, yet your unhappy?

The only cure for it is within yourself. Anti-depresents dont even do ****. You become so dependant on them they ruin your life.

Just realise what you have and count yourself lucky.
Quote by wenwi91
write lyrics/poems. it helps me vent.

+1
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by False_God
Hold on.

Your pretty much have a life SO MANY depressed people would kill for, yet your unhappy?

The only cure for it is within yourself. Anti-depresents dont even do ****. You become so dependant on them they ruin your life.

Depression is a chemical imbalance.
What your life is like often times has nothing to do with it.
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
Quote by False_God
Hold on.

I know, thats part of it: i feel guilty for not being able to control my emotions and stuff. I just don't really have anything to live for anymore.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by deli_creep
if that is referring to the song by MCR, please die.

TS is emo.
I've been here since '04.

drugs or suicide..

or you could take up an instrument if you havent already?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by muse-ik
I've tried everything i can, i have a girlfriend i love, i have great friends, i have pretty good marks, but it just seems like something is missing, and its leaving a huge hole right in the middle of me.

dont worry it will pass mate, i went through moods and depression up til mid 20s..watch your diet and dont smoke weed or drink too much and get sun.
Quote by muse-ik

I feel the same way man. Everything is going great, yet I still feel bad and empty.
Quote by False_God
Hold on.

Dude, it doesn't matter what kind of life the dude lives. My dad went through a pretty major depression while his business was doing well, my brother and I were little (like 3 and 5, he said we were the reason he didn't kill himself), and my mom was doing fine. It can have nothing to do with what kind of life you are living, it can simply be a chemical imbalance in the brain...

Anyways, to the ts, seriously dude, go see a doctor.
masturbation + icy hot...
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by muse-ik

Dude, I know how you feel, it's a big gaping hole inside of you, even though you have a great life. But drugs aren't the way they don't do s**t I know it for a fact. The best way is to cope with yourself and try to get over it. Thats what I'm trying.. and it's sorta workin out but not alot. I dunno anymore.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by Robert353
Dude, I know how you feel, it's a big gaping hole inside of you, even though you have a great life. But drugs aren't the way they don't do s**t I know it for a fact. The best way is to cope with yourself and try to get over it. Thats what I'm trying.. and it's sorta workin out but not alot. I dunno anymore.

People say that whole gap is filled when they find God... It's something you shouldn't rule out until you've given it a chance.
Well, just stop being such a fag about it really. Put your life into context, you are no doubt lucky.
Quote by fob12
People say that whole gap is filled when they find God... It's something you shouldn't rule out until you've given it a chance.

i've tried, God put me where i was, i hate religion. i used to be okay with it, but then i realized that its all about living life in a conformist way, and i find it pathetic to have to believe in a higher power that does everything for you, instead of realizing that you have the power to change things, and you alone.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
i've tried, God put me where i was, i hate religion. i used to be okay with it, but then i realized that its all about living life in a conformist way, and i find it pathetic to have to believe in a higher power that does everything for you, instead of realizing that you have the power to change things, and you alone.

Yet you want some drugs to help you get over your faggyness? You make me sick.
Quote by muse-ik

That's actually wrong, and twisted. A lot of people see God as a dictator and a universal kill joy, when that is entirely wrong.

See, you have a huge advantage over other Christians because of your uncertainty. Those people wake up, and worship a deity called God that man devised, but they are wrong. They close their eyes and believe they are home, when really they aren't. It's all an act, and they're trying to convince themselves. Lots of leaders of churches act that way. I'm sure you've seen and heard the old cliche about people being one way on Sunday morning, and the rest of the week entirely different people?
I used to be sort of depressed...

then I realized, wait, my life doesn't suck at all, what the hell was I thinking? I found out my town was listed in Forbes 50 richest towns in the world recently as well.

And I don't give a canoli about whether anyone cares about anything I do or not, because it's not up to them. In the beginning that took some guts, but now it's part of who I am.

And honestly, my life is awesome, and I have no girlfriend. (It might be better if I did, but eh)
No. There are no non-perscription drugs to treat depression because depression isn't just simply being sad. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain, and it can only be treated by prescription drugs. However, lots of guys don't want to go to a shrink and get diagnosed with depression, so they sometimes go to alcohol or recreational drugs to help ease the pain a little.

Everyone gets sad sometimes. It's perfectly normal. If you are not eating or overeating, contemplating suicide, withdrawing from everything, and sleeping way too much or way too little, then you might be depressed. And you have to have these symptoms for I think 2 weeks straight.

In the meantime, I suggest maybe some type of stress relief. Whatever's good for you. Exercise, write, read, play, draw, paint, run, do whatever.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by Poo_Face
Yet you want some drugs to help you get over your faggyness? You make me sick.

okay its obvious now that that sentence was mis-interpreted. what it meant is are there any things in life that i can do, besides prescription drugs, that can help me. shoulda been non(prescription drugs) i guess...

it kinda makes me sick too.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
This is what you do, worked for me. Smoke weed daily, maybe 2 times a day for 6 months. During this time period familiarize yourself with acid. Now after the 6 months have elapsed take your highest dose of acid uve taken yet. Enjoy this trip. Now with ur added confidence in that drug, take it later that week, and smoke some hippy crack with it too. Go to school, have an emotional breakdown and leave to a friends house and decide that you would like to stay there for the weekend. Call your mom and tell her you had an emotional breakdown and tell her how u need to stay there for the weekend, make sure you dont get your way. Nnow decide you actually want to go home, but decide to wait out the trip first. Go home, its all good, this should change your life.
Quote by KetchupLad14
I used to be sort of depressed...

then I realized, wait, my life doesn't suck at all, what the hell was I thinking? I found out my town was listed in Forbes 50 richest towns in the world recently as well.

And I don't give a canoli about whether anyone cares about anything I do or not, because it's not up to them. In the beginning that took some guts, but now it's part of who I am.

And honestly, my life is awesome, and I have no girlfriend. (It might be better if I did, but eh)

Girlfriends dont make things better.
Drugs, of any kind, is just running away from your problem. Something is obviously making you depressed, and drugs won't fix that problem, only make it seem like it's not there. Which makes things worse.
Quote by fob12
That's actually wrong, and twisted. A lot of people see God as a dictator and a universal kill joy, when that is entirely wrong.

See, you have a huge advantage over other Christians because of your uncertainty. Those people wake up, and worship a deity called God that man devised, but they are wrong. They close their eyes and believe they are home, when really they aren't. It's all an act, and they're trying to convince themselves. Lots of leaders of churches act that way. I'm sure you've seen and heard the old cliche about people being one way on Sunday morning, and the rest of the week entirely different people?

I'm not christian at all, i'm entirely atheist, without a question. and, to me, if there is a god, he's evil anyways, because look at the way the world is today, how it has been in the past, and where its going.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by KetchupLad14
Aw, really. I have nothing to look forward to now!

But dick in a box makes everything better.
Quote by muse-ik
I'm not christian at all, i'm entirely atheist, without a question. and, to me, if there is a god, he's evil anyways, because look at the way the world is today, how it has been in the past, and where its going.

Let me ask you something. Is it God that told people to do the evil things, or did He tell him not to? Wasn't God the one that flooded the Earth because it was so evil? And sent fire and brimstone to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Did he send His Son to save the Earth, or corrupt it? Did His Son hurt people, or save people?
Quote by fob12
Let me ask you something. Is it God that told people to do the evil things, or did He tell him not to? Wasn't God the one that flooded the Earth because it was so evil? And sent fire and brimstone to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Did he send His Son to save the Earth, or corrupt it? Did His Son hurt people, or save people?

then why hasn't he done it again? I dont believe in god, and i never will: i just can't bring myself to believe in a higher being. and god didn't tell people to do them, but if he was our grand creator, he created humans with flaws and the capability to do evil. which, objectively, is just encouragement for doing evil. if he was a good god, who actually valued mankind or the world, he would have stopped this all a long time ago. i appreciate your help and suggestions, but if you have any beside religion or spirituality, they would be more helpful.
Gear:
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by fob12

Shut up he said he's Athiest stop being a fag about it. No one cares about God except you and you're a retard.
Last edited by Poo_Face at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by fob12

Quote by muse-ik

God isn't in control of this world. Satan is. When God gave everything to Adam, he signed a lease to Adam. Then Adam signed another one with Satan when he sinned. Even in the bible when Jesus was casting spirits out of people, they would say their time isn't up. They know right now, they're doing all they can to do evil in this world and influence everyone they can any way they can. They know they have a set ammount of time before it's all over.

If any good comes out of this world, it has to come from us.

I know this isn't a religion thread..blah blah blah..whatever.

Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Page 1 of 3