Ok we have a pc in the family room with high speed net. My sister and I want to get internet on our computers in our rooms. What do we need? do we need a wireless router and a usb card that will pick up the signal? im not sure...
A.K.A. Titanguy
Yeah, you need a wireless router, and then a wireless adapter for each computer you want connected to the wireless network. Are your computers desktops or laptops?
if you have laptops they usually have built in wireless, if you have desktops you'll need a wireless adapter card
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
YAY wireless laptop for me!

The router I got was about $40. Nothing special. It works just fine, so you don't have to kill yourself trying to find a "good" one. As for a wireless card... I wouldn't know about that
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
there desktops. There some wireless routers on ebay for cheap...but they go in through the usb port? does that mean the pc has to be on? and as for an adapter for a computer to catch the signal...theres these dumb lil usb adapters that say bluetooth or the weird dongle ones...will that work?
A.K.A. Titanguy
There's no need to buy a router off of ebay. That's really more hassle than it's worth. Anyway, the router is connected to the modem via ethernet cable so no, the family room computer does not have to be on for the other computers to get a wireless signal. As for the Bluetooth dongles you are talking about, no, those will not work. Bluetooth is completely different from a wireless network like this. What you are looking for is just a plain USB wireless adapter. They shouldn't run you more than around $40 a piece.
Quote by happytimeharry
There's no need to buy a router off of ebay. That's really more hassle than it's worth. Anyway, the router is connected to the modem via ethernet cable so no, the family room computer does not have to be on for the other computers to get a wireless signal. As for the Bluetooth dongles you are talking about, no, those will not work. Bluetooth is completely different from a wireless network like this. What you are looking for is just a plain USB wireless adapter. They shouldn't run you more than around $40 a piece.

you got your old, good avatar back!!
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
You plug the router into the modem.

Wireless adapter goes in each PC.

Connect to the network on your PC.

Done.
Quote by instagata0
you got your old, good avatar back!!

Yeah, Tom was getting pissed off. He vowed to kill my parents if I didn't let him out for some air.
Quote by shredbeyndshred
OK somoene please post a pic or link to a wireless router for me.

THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE... D-LINK DI-524
go to best buy, they will tell you what you need, really the answer to your question was really easy, also they'll tell you what router, etc you need and it will come with instructions on how to set it up
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent