Im deciding between a LTD Viper 1000 w EMG or a LTD Viper 400 w EMG , can someone tell me if its worth going for the 1000 whats the main differences.

VIPER-1000 w/EMGs

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top

Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard

42mm Earvana Compensated Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

ESP Locking Tuners

Tonepros Locking Bridge & Tail

EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u.

VIPER-400

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body

Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard

42mm Earvana Compensated Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

Grover Tuners

TOM Bridge & Tail

EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u.
the 1000 dollar one has a flame maple top, locking tuners, tonepros locking bridge and tail..

the other guitar doesnt
I would get the 400, mainly because I hate locking tuners and having a flame maple top do much for me either, so the extra cash put into it does nothing for me.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I have the 400, but I've played the deluxe...they sound exactly the same...the deluxe just looks shinier. They're both extremely awesome, though.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Go play them for yourself if you can and see which you like better.

Personally, I've got an EC1k and I ****ing love it to death. It played much better than any of the 400 series I tried.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
I am a proud owner of the viper 1000, but i am still a little mad that i didnt go with the 400, i would still have some money in my pockets. They are basically the same, the 1000 has some minor cosmetic differences, which you can upgrade later if you really want too.

get the 400.
It depends, over all, what you want out of it. The 1000 is better than the 400, even if for mostly minor reasons. However, since you are looking at those two guitars, I would guess money is an issue, and the 400 is a better value for the money. I only guess that because if money wasn't an issue you would probably be looking at the actual ESP line rather than the LTD line.

Going and trying them might be a good idea, as well.