ive seen a lot of people say they changed the pots on their guitar and i really dont know what difference it makes, so if you know, please share your wisdom
Basically wont go out as quick and are sealed better to keep dust and debri out.... Sound quality could be enhanced if your have a .02 cheapo bad pot.. But generally sound quality isn't really what people are going for when they switch them out...
it's tone they are.
250k is warm
500k is normal, so most single coils have 250's so they aren't too bright and most guitars with humbuckers have 500's to brighten the tone, and 1 meg' are pure, less treble bleeds out.
if the electronics are active you need something like 15k pots.
Quote by Angelgiest
it's tone they are.
250k is warm
500k is normal, so most single coils have 250's so they aren't too bright and most guitars with humbuckers have 500's to brighten the tone, and 1 meg' are pure, less treble bleeds out.
if the electronics are active you need something like 15k pots.

Going back to the above.

I have noiseless pickups so would I be better off with 500k because they are similar to a humbucker.

Also...What sort of difference does the volume pot make?

I actually have 2 noiseless in the neck and middle and an ordinary type in the bridge.

Should I put the bridge through a 250K tone pot and put the middle through a 500K and maybe use a 1 Meg on the volume? I usually leave the neck pickup with no tone pot.

What do you think is best?

Thanks

Alfie