Page 1 of 5
So, my friend Vypyr and I have been talking about how metal is dead, and it all sucks nowadays. Where are the melodic riffs such as the Master of Puppets interlude or the crushing intensity of Hangar 18? A little shred wouldn't hurt either, I suppose.

So here we go. Everyone listen. Go find yourself a nice Catholic wife that will let you have a MINIMUM of 10 children. I guess she doesn't have to be Catholic but that's what we came up with...we apologize to all Catholics abstaining from having children . Have yourself 10 kids and raise them all on rock and do NOT expose them to anything else, like I did to my younger brother. People, we need to totally repopulate the world and get rid of all things that are played using a keyboard and a bass for they only instruments *COUGH* RAPRAPRAPRAPRAPRAP *COUGH*

And so I say to you...

Be fruitful, and multiply,
and fill the waters in the seas,
and let rock and roll live on.
old metal is gross the new metal like fall out boy and MCR is much cooler. also rap is an amazing form of music.
They've killed metal twice... but it'll never really die. It's kind of like a zombie, or even that Jesus guy.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by bendystraw
old metal is gross the new metal like fall out boy and MCR is much cooler.

I said METALLLLLLLLLL. NOT FOB! AHH OMG. MOD, BAN!
uh... keyboards are the greatest instruments ever.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
You fool....................

Metal can never die.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by sprandel

my favorite color is also purple. who is right? you elitist, get off my internets.

EDIT: i also love rap music. am i a bad person? i will let my kids experience many kinds of music.
Quote by bendystraw
old metal is gross the new metal like fall out boy and MCR is much cooler. also rap is an amazing form of music.

It amuses me how much you fail on so many different levels

I hope you are a donor.

science can learn alot from someone as stupid as you.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
uh... keyboards are the greatest instruments ever.

Fine, but let's get more creative than a pre-recorded loop playing behind you live in concert like rap and stuff thats in now.
Quote by bendystraw

Lol at sarcasm that the TS won't get.

Edit: Also TS and friend don't have too much exposure to all the metal that's out now methinks.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by sprandel

im pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
oh my god shut the fuck up.
revive good music......?
who do you think you are?
rock needed to change, it did,
why the would people want to listen to the same **** over and over?

(not personally attacking you, TS, i just hate your ideas)
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Vypyr

I hope you are a donor.

Is your sarcasm meter broken?

Metal would be way metal-er if everyone wore metal suits..
Quote by bendystraw
my favorite color is also purple. who is right? you elitist, get off my internets.

EDIT: i also love rap music. am i a bad person? i will let my kids experience many kinds of music.

yes you are a bad person
go socially pollute society you worthless piece of ****
Quote by bendystraw

Neither FOB or MCR are metal, they are some reincarnation of pop/punk. do NOT insult metal by saying such things...

P.S. there is plenty of good metal nowadays.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by Vypyr

I hope you are a donor.

why? your opinion is better then mine?
Quote by sprandel
Fine, but let's get more creative than a pre-recorded loop playing behind you live in concert like rap and stuff thats in now.

wait, wait, in order for something to be music it has to be played live by a band? news to me.
Quote by sprandel
So, my friend Vypyr and I have been talking about how metal is dead, and it all sucks nowadays. Where are the melodic riffs such as the Master of Puppets interlude or the crushing intensity of Hangar 18? A little shred wouldn't hurt either, I suppose.

So here we go. Everyone listen. Go find yourself a nice Catholic wife that will let you have a MINIMUM of 10 children. I guess she doesn't have to be Catholic but that's what we came up with...we apologize to all Catholics abstaining from having children . Have yourself 10 kids and raise them all on rock and do NOT expose them to anything else, like I did to my younger brother. People, we need to totally repopulate the world and get rid of all things that are played using a keyboard and a bass for they only instruments *COUGH* RAPRAPRAPRAPRAPRAP *COUGH*

And so I say to you...

Stereotyping and insulting a religion made me go from responding intelligently to simply ignoring your cause. Cheers.

By the way, it's out there, it's just not in the mainstream for everyone to find it.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
There is plenty of awesome metal today, you aren't looking hard enough. This thread = Mega fail
Wow you two won't last wrong. There is goo rap, metal isn't dead, Master of Puppets was, imo, one of metallica's worst songs. And you can have a great band with just a keyboard and a bass.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by bendystraw
why? your opinion is better then mine?

wait, wait, in order for something to be music it has to be played live by a band? news to me.

Im afraid so buddy
my opinion is better than yours

better get f*ckin used to it too
Quote by Scourge441
The threadstarter and his friend are really fucking stupid if they think metal is dead.

I dig deep into music, give me something Metallica, or Pantera and I'll check it out and apologize.

Quote by soccerdude3465
Stereotyping and insulting a religion made me go from responding intelligently to simply ignoring your cause. Cheers.

By the way, it's out there, it's just not in the mainstream for everyone to find it.

I'm sorry, I apologized in there...if you don't take me seriously that's your own fault.
Who cares? Different people like different music. Quit telling people what to listen to and mind your own ****ing business.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by sprandel

And so I say to you...

Dude, you have a friend named Vyper? Thats FU CKING AWESOME
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by shred745
There is plenty of awesome metal today, you aren't looking hard enough. This thread = Mega fail

you = mega fail

theres plenty of awesome metal band out there and i know and love them all but the thing is they are unknown to 99% of todays music scene thanks to dipsh*ts like people who have posted on this forum that like rap.
Quote by Vypyr

I hope you are a donor.

the irony!
kills--- it do..
Quote by Vypyr
yes you are a bad person
go socially pollute society you worthless piece of ****

Pollute society socially eh?

Edit: Have you ever though that you hate rap because it's more simple than metal or shred? Metal and shred, with it's intricate guitar work, appeals more to guitarists. There isn't anything wrong with rap, and I do mean a little bit of offense when I say you fellows are stupid.

Click me, or I'll die.

Last edited by Bushinarin at Mar 1, 2008,
Quote by burrit0
Your friend has a mondo name.

lol +1

and i hope that guy wasnt serious when he said FOB is teh nu metalz
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Vypyr
you = mega fail

theres plenty of awesome metal band out there and i know and love them all but the thing is they are unknown to 99% of todays music scene thanks to dipsh*ts like people who have posted on this forum that like rap.

Maybe, MAYBE you could claim this if you liked something other then mainstream music. But you dont. "A7X" and Metallica are mainstream. You have no say in this.
Quote by Vypyr
Im afraid so buddy
my opinion is better than yours

better get f*ckin used to it too

are we swapping sarcasm or are you just a lame troll?
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Maybe, MAYBE you could claim this if you liked something other then mainstream music. But you dont. "A7X" and Metallica are mainstream.

im sorry when i listen to music i don't worry about how cool it makes me look. some music is "mainstream" for a reason.
Opening this thread is similar to running face forward into a wall of pretentiousness and ignorance.
Quote by silhouettica
Dude, you have a friend named Vyper? Thats FU CKING AWESOME

It's Vypyr, with a Y. But yes, and this thread is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyones liek, just dig deep and you'll find it! WHY DO I NEED TO DIG DEEP!? THAT'S THE PROBLEM!
Wanna hear some good recent metal? Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, The Sword, Tool. Jesus kid the list goes on and on.

And check out public enemy, tupac, and cypress hill.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Page 1 of 5