So, I have an Ampeg R-12R, all tube, and it's a great amp, but I just cant cover my drummer and bassist and other guitarist. I got an offer to trade it for a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 (SS). I was just wondering, what should I do?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Is the Ampeg tube?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yeah, its All tube.
Quote by leeb rocks
Your amp is worth a lot more than the one being offered to you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well i was just at a concert where a band was using ampeg all tube heads with Marshall cabs... i don`t know if it was his settings or what... he was also using a MT-2 pedal but only on his leads but his guitar kicked ass i finally seen a gibson i`d play it was a V with a floyd on it :O pretty sweet oh and it had EMG`s.... but anyway the amp sounded HORRIDE, it was god awfull and it was all tube too.

if you like the peavey and it`s loud with good tone trade, but make sure it`s a tube amp 1st
^It was the Metal Zone, the lack of sustain due to the Floyd Rose, and the EMGs.

Keep your amp, it's worth a lot more.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Slayerdeath
well i was just at a concert where a band was using ampeg all tube heads with Marshall cabs... i don`t know if it was his settings or what... he was also using a MT-2 pedal but only on his leads but his guitar kicked ass i finally seen a gibson i`d play it was a V with a floyd on it :O pretty sweet oh and it had EMG`s.... but anyway the amp sounded HORRIDE, it was god awfull and it was all tube too.

if you like the peavey and it`s loud with good tone trade, but make sure it`s a tube amp 1st

I already know its not tube, its pure solid state with digital reverb.

Im pretty sure im set on keeping it, but now i need to know what you guys would recommend to get louder? Im on a tight bugdet, really tight, highest i can go is MAYBE 150 US.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Slayerdeath

I can't trust your ear for tone with a spider HS. Sorry pal...

EDIT: OP, that amp is 50 watts tube. Why the **** isn't that ripping your balls off?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
50 watts of tube should be loud as hell man. Get that thing retubed or have a tech look at it.
Quote by Slayerdeath
well i can see the Metal Zone.... but come on the Floyd and the EMG`s.... just about every metal band out there would sound like crap that that was true LOL

Ugh...EMG's=Scooped mids and lifelessness.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by rwalby9
50 watts of tube should be loud as hell man. Get that thing retubed or have a tech look at it.

+1

You should be getting over bass and drums well before you get halfway up on the volume control with that amp. Having a reputable tech take a look is probably a good idea.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by soul_power
Ugh...EMG's=Scooped mids and lifelessness.

+1.

Not every metal band uses EMG's, you can get higher gain passive pickups.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild