I'm 17 and I'm looking to start a new alternative band, I'm thinking maybe a metal, rockish, blues/ jazz band I'm open to new ideas. I' ll probably play bass in it mostly and maybe some back up vocals. I'm looking for an energetic front person who can sing (its a plus if they can play another insterment to), a lead guitar, drummer and possibly rythem guitarist. But most of all the band members have to be OPEN MINDED its really hard making music if u have narrow vision. My influences are RHCP, Victor Wooten, Jimi Hendrix, White Stripes, Stevie Ray, Rage Against the Machine, Alexisonfire, e.t.c. so give me a shout if your interested and we might talk. (I also can play alto sax, some harmonica, and some piano or organ, but i don't own a piano and i don't think I'm gonna move the organ) I live in the NE side of Calgary.
thxs man, but its a little far I'm getting my liscence hopefully next week
Hey man ive been looking for a band for a while im more in to metal stuff (lamb of god, slayer, etc) but i love alexisonfire and the RHCP, and i respect stevie ray as one of the most talented blues guitarists that ever lived. like you said i can be open minded to playing like, jazz/blues kind of stuff (as long as you let me throw some harder edge S*** in too, XD) im a guitar player with seven years experience and my own equipment (maybe not show capable, but jam capable gear) and im in the SW. (not as far as red deer at least LOL). hit me back for more details if your interested

(ps i just met a drummer down here too, hes a friend not from UG and I'm waiting to go jam with him to see how he is)
Language is the hearts lament
a weak attempt to circumvent
the lonliness inherent in each of us
(like all the future ghosts who scratch their names in wet cement)
YAY, more Calgarians wanting to jam!

I'm an extremely versatile guitarist (I can play any genre, from folk to classical to metal to blues to psychedelic rock to prog rock to whatever), so I'm willing to jam with anyone. Where in the NE do you live? I live down in the SE corner of the city.

By the way, I might be getting a mandolin soon. So lets play some metal with a mandolin thrown in lol! (I'm actually that crazy and creative)

I only wish someone lived in the SE... (I can't drive yet)
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
yea I live in the Renfrew area in between Peters drive in and the zoo, my equipment isn't that good yet, but i can jam with it I'm saving up for a bigger amp and effects pedal, yea I'm actually into a lot of metal stuff to like Opeth and Lamb of God and stuff
i have a little jam space also, but i don't think i could hold a drummer and its probably only at certain times we could use it
Hey, I used to live at Renfrew (like over 10 years ago)!

My equipment isn't great either (I really need a new guitar).
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
YEAH BOIYZZZ i would be so stoked to be in a crazy blues/metal/jazz band with a mandolin. that would be the ****. i love like, interesting crazy music that makes you just go woah.....that doesnt sound like anything ive heard before. i think us guys need to get together (somehow) soon and try to churn something out!!!

wheres this jam space located at???
(and also, do you guys have msn??? way easier than this UG posting forum craziness)
WE NEED MORE CALGARY PEOPLES WOOOOOOTTTT
props boys
are you guys interested in pirate-metal???
its just my basement and my mom would probably get pissed, at certain times so thats why its only at certain times like probably when shes not home i shouldn't of even said anything
LMAO nice sounds like my mom
I've heard of pirate metal, but never actually listened to it really
but yeah man this is actually starting to sound like alot of fun so answer the damn question whats your opinion on pirate-metal? if youve ever heard of it
lmao sry man i didnt see that one up there do you have msn??? we can avoid mishaps like that. if you wanna check out pirate metal download running wild (thats a band) we can use a mandolin in piratemetal!!!
I need to get myself some more metal... and some more money...

There is a bunch of crazy instruments that I want to try out. I love uniqueness.

I do have MSN, though it's been months since I last went on it. Though I can get back on it. My address is on my profile.
Ozzy - 1975
Last edited by TheStraightener at Mar 2, 2008,
is you msn the @shaw address?? cuz if its not i cant find it
just post it here stop making it hard for me!!!!!!GRRRRlmao
Yes, it's the @shaw address (I was too lazy to make a seperate one for hotmail lol).
michaeloliwa-shaw.-- (insert '@' and 'ca')
Ozzy - 1975
there i think i added you
Yes you did. I'm 'To Live or Not to Live? etc...'
Ozzy - 1975
so I was checking out this thread (because I live in calgary) and long story short, I checked out some "pirate metal" and it's the friggin coolest thing I've heard all year!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to whoever wouldn't shut up about it. (see, persistence works)
Hey, I'm 22 years old... Been playing guitar for about 5 years now...

I'm more of a metal/rock player... Lots of Chevelle, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters...

I'm lookin for some people who want to get together and jam some songs... Maybe even write some original songs...

I live in NE Calgary.

My e-mail Is Violentbird@hotmail.com if anyone is interested.
I am God