I'm into blues blues-rock and country not the pop country bull**** but like Hank Williams III and Waylon Jennings anyways I want a fat bluesy tone like Warren Haynes or vintage Clapton I have a Mexi HSS Strat a peice of **** 15 watt amp and a Line 6 POD XT can anyone please point me in the right direction I was going to maybe put in like a Gibson humbucker in the bridge or a burstbucker but I'm not sure that would work on a Fender so can someone please give me some much needed help thanks a lot
New amp.
All there is to it.

How much cash do you have to spend on one?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
New amp.
All there is to it.

How much cash do you have to spend on one?

Well not much that's why I was wondering about a new humbucker or something
Changing out the pickups isnt gonna do much good if the amp is crap.
Stock pickups really aren't that bad, you'd be better off saving your money for an amp, it really will make a huge difference to your tone!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
^That depends on your budget. Maybe something like a Peavey Classic 30 or a Fender Blues Deluxe or Blues Jr. If you're on a really tight budget and don't need a crazy loud amp, try an Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by fattypumbaa
I'm into blues blues-rock and country not the pop country bull**** but like Hank Williams III and Waylon Jennings anyways I want a fat bluesy tone like Warren Haynes or vintage Clapton I have a Mexi HSS Strat a peice of **** 15 watt amp and a Line 6 POD XT can anyone please point me in the right direction I was going to maybe put in like a Gibson humbucker in the bridge or a burstbucker but I'm not sure that would work on a Fender so can someone please give me some much needed help thanks a lot

Ya, as the others I'd feel the money for the pickup couold probably be saved for something else.

I think you should be able to dial in a decent blues tone with that Pod, there's probably some presets on it which should get you started.

If it was me, I'd probably try using the amp with a clean sound, and then basically use the Pod as a complicated overdrive pedal. Try getting some tubescreamer tone from it. Slight reverb is always nice also.
I get too much crunch with my amp and my POD and I don't really know what goes into a blues sound so if someone wants to help me out I'd appreciate it like what kind of affects I should be putting in and **** like that
Quote by fattypumbaa
I get too much crunch with my amp and my POD and I don't really know what goes into a blues sound so if someone wants to help me out I'd appreciate it like what kind of affects I should be putting in and **** like that

I imagine that your amp sounds like garbage, and no amount of effects are going to change that. Like it's been said, look at Classic 30's, Palominos, Valve Juniors, and maybe some cheaper Fender tube amps.
well i'd say overdrive, not much gain. and the rest is really in the playing.

just mess around with your settings. theres and ultimatesettings thread somewhere that might help.

if your looking for a new amp, crate has decently priced amps and the one i have can get just about any tone i would ever want.

peace
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I imagine that your amp sounds like garbage, and no amount of effects are going to change that. Like it's been said, look at Classic 30's, Palominos, Valve Juniors, and maybe some cheaper Fender tube amps.

Trying not to sound like a broken record but also check out Blackheart amps. I <3 mine, pulls off a sexy clean blues tone.

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Trying not to sound like a broken record but also check out Blackheart amps. I <3 mine, pulls off a sexy clean blues tone.

Ja. I second that.
like a souped up EVJ.

It's sweet, but it doesn't give me the tone I want (I like uber-smooth preamp gain). But, for cleans and crunch, it's top notch.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Stop using the POD. Until you can get a new amp get a cheap distortion pedal, turn the amp on clean, turn the bass to 8, mids to 6-7, treble around 5-6. Or mess with the amp's distortion and eq.
There are a number of decent tube amps for $200. Before you buy anything else check them out. My favs are the Palomino and Peavey Valveking Royal 8. Palomino would probably be better for you. They are pretty loud 5 watt tube amps, but obviously you couldn't gig with one (although I wouldn't be a bit ashamed to mic one.)
Quote by uldhppi
Stop using the POD. Until you can get a new amp get a cheap distortion pedal, turn the amp on clean, turn the bass to 8, mids to 6-7, treble around 5-6. Or mess with the amp's distortion and eq.
There are a number of decent tube amps for $200. Before you buy anything else check them out. My favs are the Palomino and Peavey Valveking Royal 8. Palomino would probably be better for you. They are pretty loud 5 watt tube amps, but obviously you couldn't gig with one (although I wouldn't be a bit ashamed to mic one.)

VK royal 8 is alright but its not exactly a blues amp.

My 'clean blues' setting is roughly bass 4, mid 8, treble 7 and neck pickup. Altho my amp does do a nice woman tone (10, 10, 10, both pickups, tone dials rolled down)

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Well thanks for the help. I was playing around with my POD and I found some pretty nice **** with some Clapton Cream era presets well i don't know about presets I bought it used and the bloke before me put on 2 of the $50 amp model packs and they were sellin' it for $200 and it was in great condition so I said what the **** why not and bought the damn thing. Some great tones with the neck pickup I wasn't expecting that I also get some cool **** out of the bridge however the middle pickup doesn't do anything at all there is nothing at all when I switch to the middle position. But, my currnt 15 watt Samick piece of **** will have to do till I can afford a decent amp. I'll check out the suggestions and find the one that bests suits me.

Thanks Again

Is it cool if I walk into Guitar Center with my own guitar to test out the amps? They won't give me **** will they? I mean I want to hear how it sounds with my guitar not one there.
Quote by fattypumbaa
Is it cool if I walk into Guitar Center with my own guitar to test out the amps? They won't give me **** will they? I mean I want to hear how it sounds with my guitar not one there.

Yeah, it's no problem. They just check your guitar's serial # at the door to make sure you're not stealing anything and you're good to go.